Purpose of LOA form?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
AngelaKendig
Purpose of LOA form?

Post by AngelaKendig » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:09 pm

Does Ooma port my landline number and once the port completes I can cancel my landline account? If so, how do I know when the port has completed?

I read a review from 2007 when Ooma first came out and it made reference to peer to peer stating that Ooma would take control of your landline account, strip it down to the most basic service, and use it to assist in routing other customers calls.

Which is it?
The nice thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise.Image

skellener

Re: Purpose of LOA form?

Post by skellener » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:57 pm

AngelaKendig wrote:Does Ooma port my landline number and once the port completes I can cancel my landline account? If so, how do I know when the port has completed?

I read a review from 2007 when Ooma first came out and it made reference to peer to peer stating that Ooma would take control of your landline account, strip it down to the most basic service, and use it to assist in routing other customers calls.

Which is it?
You can use the Ooma service in conjunction with a landline or just as a VOIP service. It's your choice.

AngelaKendig

Re: Purpose of LOA form?

Post by AngelaKendig » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:51 am

skellener wrote:You can use the Ooma service in conjunction with a landline or just as a VOIP service. It's your choice.
I don't recall seeing that choice during sign up. Port number or pick a new number were the options. I'm assuming that port number means use as VOIP once the port completes.
The nice thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise.Image