Black List Details Not Retained?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
hwgang
Black List Details Not Retained?

Post by hwgang » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:08 pm

I am just entering black list numbers, saving them, and some save the details I fill in while others do not. On the "problem" numbers I've entered the same info half a dozen times and it will not save.....though it appears to for a few seconds, then it disappears from the lounge screen tab display. Any clue? It seems to be a couple of particular numbers so far that it refuses to let me enter notes on and I'd *really* like to be able to ID them clearly.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Black List Details Not Retained?

Post by Bobby B » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:55 am

Interesting issue --

As a test, can you try deleting one of the entries whose details that are NOT being saved and try re-adding the entry from scratch (e.g. don't use the "edit" function)? Do the details for the blacklist entry "stick" using the above?

Thanks,
Bobby
Bobby B

hwgang

Post by hwgang » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:31 am

Bobby, I did do that at the time (at least once for each number) and had the same problem repeated. Working with David on the phone we did it again and it worked after deleting the "problem" numbers. He thinks it was a server glitch that may have mis-mapped the numbers at the time they were created. FWIW. He was also unable to add info and have it stick without deleting the numbers and re-adding them. But it's working now. :)

AngelaKendig

Post by AngelaKendig » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:16 pm

Apostrophe and quote symbols wreak havoc on databases.
The nice thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise.Image

hwgang

Post by hwgang » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:55 pm

no apostrophes or quote symbols involved.