Blacklist Snag

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
hwgang
Blacklist Snag

Post by hwgang » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:06 am

I've got this number that keeps calling. It comes up on caller ID with one extra digit. Instead of being 10 digits long it's 11, starting with "506". They only let it ring 3 times. Never leave a message. Ooma won't let me block it because it doesn't appear to be a normal number and I can't find out who it is in any on-line database. I've even tried to answer but they always are gone by the time I pick up. I tried calling back but I get the Ooma recording telling me I don't have any $$ in my pre-paid (international) calling account.

I know sometimes numbers from other countries are longer. I, personally, have no need to call other countries except Canada once in a blue moon. Will Ooma allow us to block unconventional/international numbers in the future? Or is there something I could do differently now to block this caller?

pantut

Re: Blacklist Snag

Post by pantut » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:38 pm

I got the same thing last night, I got a call from a 506 area code, it rang I answerd, then it hung up, today I looked at the log, and there it was, so I called it. It gave me a recording of my balance of $ in my international account. ...
Something is not right,