Comcast busy signal - Cell callers don't hear ringing

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
whofysh
Comcast busy signal - Cell callers don't hear ringing

Post by whofysh » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:45 am

I am on week one of my trial. My number has not been ported over yet. I love the service, but I have two issues that I need to correct before I decide to keep it.

First, I have one long distance number that I call several times a week. It is a residential number. They use Comcast voice service. I get a busy signal when I call them using my Ooma service even though they are not using their phone.

Second, when people call me from their mobile phones they do not hear ringing. They just get dead air until I answer and most of the time hang up because they think there is something wrong. From landline phones they hear ringing as they should. All mobile phones are having this problem. It doesn't matter who their provider is.

Please help, I really want to keep the service.

whofysh

Re: Comcast busy signal - Cell callers don't hear ringing

Post by whofysh » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:05 am

Anyone?

frenchcamp49er

Post by frenchcamp49er » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:47 am

Can't help with the Comcast problem, but I have no problems calling cell phones, they ring every time.
Customer Since: January 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Hub/Scout; Telo 04/02/10
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since December 2009)

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:17 pm

I just called my ooma number from my cell phone (T-Mobile) and the ring back on the cell phone started at the same time as the ooma phone started to ring. There was a long period of silence while the call was being connected.

Mojo
Ooma Moderator

Post by Mojo » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:03 pm

I'd give support a call for both of these issues. If we know the phone number and approximate date/time of the call, we might be able to work with you to trace a test call to try and determine the cause.