Number Porting from Business line

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
sunrisepostal
Number Porting from Business line

Post by sunrisepostal » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:25 am

I have business line i like to port. I just purchase 1 year premium package with number port and i did receive email with LOA form but its dose not have business info to put. how can i port my business line is there any other form i can fill out for business i don't have my name on bill this a corporation and bill come with business name on it.
Thanks,
Jack

wase4711

Re: Number Porting from Business line

Post by wase4711 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:42 am

this is a resedential service, NOT a business service..

sunrisepostal

Post by sunrisepostal » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:54 am

I talk to customer service and they told me that they can port business line.

wase4711

Post by wase4711 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:28 am

Read their terms of service..

"(b) Subject to the limitations in this Agreement, purchase of the ooma Hub device includes the capability to make local and domestic long-distance calls using the device without charge during the life of the ooma Hub device. Any and all references to the ooma product and/or service offering as it appears on ooma packaging, in sponsored advertising, on the ooma Web site, and/or in third party marketing materials that refer to the provision of "free calling" and/or "service for life" shall be narrowly construed as providing the customer with the ability to make residential calls in the US using the ooma system for the life of the product, subject to the terms and limitations of this Agreement."

hwgang

Post by hwgang » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:32 am

I have the same dilemma for a home-based business and about 4 ooma techs have assured me no problemo. I am in the middle of the porting process. I do no high-volume calling. In fact, it probably gets used less than the "home" line. If you DO do high-volume calling from a biz line I'd follow that up more carefully.

I had the same issue with Vonage w/r/t a biz line....that is, None. It seems to me it's more about volume than purpose. It's a CYA clause in the paperwork.

Just make note on the LOA that your biz name and your personal name are, in fact, the same account.

sunrisepostal

Post by sunrisepostal » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:39 am

I also did my port forward request to ooma.
i only use to make fax about 10 call a day and mostly i use this line to receive call about 30 calls a day.