Incoming Caller ID

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
grovny
Incoming Caller ID

Post by grovny » Fri May 30, 2008 3:25 pm

Now that we've cut off our land line (hooray!), our caller id only shows incoming phone number, not the caller's name. Is this to be expected?

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: Incoming Caller ID

Post by Dennis P » Fri May 30, 2008 11:28 pm

No - generally not. Can you open up a ticket with customer support? They'll be able to chase this down for you.

johnboy

Post by johnboy » Sat May 31, 2008 3:50 am

Dennis... are you sure?

I also get incoming phone number only (NO NAME) caller ID.. I was told that OOMA did not yet support incoming NAME caller ID. If this information is not correct or if the software has been updated to now provide CALLER NAME with phone number (INCOMING!!), please advise.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Sat May 31, 2008 9:58 pm

In almost all cases, we support caller-ID with name. There are a few exceptions generally based on service area. Did you already work with support on getting this resolved?

dbayer

Post by dbayer » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:10 am

Hi Dennis,

I also contacted support about this. They told me they were looking into it. But I've never had it fixed. I'm in a FairPoint Service area, (They just bought out Verizon in ME, NH, VT). Is there any way I can find out if this has been resolved?

Thanks,
Daniel

BigTV

Post by BigTV » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:48 am

dbayer & Grovny
ooma offers inbound caller-id for No-Landline configurations. However, in certain areas we currently cannot provide inbound caller name.

We are continually working on expanding our national coverage, but unfortunately we cannot offer the name in all areas at this time.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and are working to improve our coverage in the near future.

johnboy

Post by johnboy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:33 am

Ok, mine is working GREAT. One quick phone call to tech support. Took a day or two and these guys even called me back to tell me it was fixed. I had already seen names show up but very nice touch to take a second to call and tell me. !!

dbayer

Post by dbayer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:40 am

Is there any chance we can find it when (or if) this service will be coming to my area?

Thanks,
Daniel
BigTV wrote:dbayer & Grovny
ooma offers inbound caller-id for No-Landline configurations. However, in certain areas we currently cannot provide inbound caller name.

We are continually working on expanding our national coverage, but unfortunately we cannot offer the name in all areas at this time.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and are working to improve our coverage in the near future.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:12 am

Hi Daniel,

We currently do have a plan in place to supply caller name along with caller-ID for all service areas (right now we have this support in the majority of service areas).

Unfortunately I don't have a firm ETA yet on when the development for this project will be complete. Right now, the project is in the development planning stages. Hopefully I can give a target date for completion in the near future.

-Bobby
Bobby B

renee78

Post by renee78 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:07 pm

so what are the areas that caller id is offered, because i live in the south so will i be affected?