Telo and Hub are disconnecting and reconnecting.

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
MikeekiM
Re: Telo and Hub are disconnecting and reconnecting.

Post by MikeekiM » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:29 pm

MikeekiM wrote:
brobb wrote:Now calls go right into voicemail without a ringing even though I have a blue tab and a dialtone.
I wish mine were at least going into voicemail like yours!
Well...I have an improvement to report... I just dialed my own number while my hub was blue, and it does roll to VM now...

A step in the right direction... At least people trying to get a hold of me can at least leave a message... I hope this continues to work consistently until they can get the service back up and running... And I hope my voicemails can be forwarded to my email as usual...

Update: I can dial out too... Maybe the problem is fixed? No...wait...I still can't receive calls yet... But it does appear that our service is "healing" (my service seems to be anyway)

Update @ 5:41pm PST: I think I am back up... I can actually receive calls now... Crossing my fingers!
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

dsegel

Post by dsegel » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:55 pm

brobb wrote: Come on Ooma... we went through this in April and I was inches from throwing my hub out the window, but things seemed to get better. You guys need to have better redundancy and failover; telephone service needs to be better than 5 nines... I don't care how cheap it is.
Agreed. One failure is too many, two in less than 12 months is waaaay too many. If I could get my wife to switch to her cell phone only I would.

brobb

Post by brobb » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:12 pm

Okay, things seem to be working... have dialtone and incoming calls ring. Crossing my fingers that it's stable now. :?

Brett

Post by Brett » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:52 pm

brobb wrote:Okay, things seem to be working... have dialtone and incoming calls ring. Crossing my fingers that it's stable now. :?
Still getting disconnects here.

FloridaJohn

Post by FloridaJohn » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:09 pm

Still getting the red tab and then after a few minutes it turns blue again. It doesn't appear the problem has been corrected yet. It has been doing this all evening, at least since I got home from work around 5:30 pm EST. That's about six hours so far.

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:06 pm

MikeekiM wrote:
MikeekiM wrote:
brobb wrote:Now calls go right into voicemail without a ringing even though I have a blue tab and a dialtone.
I wish mine were at least going into voicemail like yours!
Well...I have an improvement to report... I just dialed my own number while my hub was blue, and it does roll to VM now...

A step in the right direction... At least people trying to get a hold of me can at least leave a message... I hope this continues to work consistently until they can get the service back up and running... And I hope my voicemails can be forwarded to my email as usual...

Update: I can dial out too... Maybe the problem is fixed? No...wait...I still can't receive calls yet... But it does appear that our service is "healing" (my service seems to be anyway)

Update @ 5:41pm PST: I think I am back up... I can actually receive calls now... Crossing my fingers!
Guess I spoke to soon... Now it's flipping between red and blue every few minutes again :(
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

but2002

Post by but2002 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:48 am

It JUST happened to me again.

6:45 AM GMT-6

jcalciano

Post by jcalciano » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:44 am

Still happening in Pennsylvania, too.

ianlin

Post by ianlin » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:00 am

Still happening in northern California. In the mean time, Ooma's network status page has been displaying "OK" the whole time.

Brett

Post by Brett » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:18 am

ianlin wrote:Still happening in northern California. In the mean time, Ooma's network status page has been displaying "OK" the whole time.
Yeah, that's what really ticks me off. Why does it seem that everytime they do an upgrade, it ends up screwing up everything? Do they actually test these "upgrades"? I am having other small issues now, such as the play button not flashing even though I just got a new voicemail.