Power outage, call forward not working.

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ianlin
Power outage, call forward not working.

Post by ianlin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:25 pm

I am a premier subscriber. I have my ooma setup to ring my cell phone if internet is down. We had a power outage today. Incoming calls went to voice mail, my cell phone did not ring at all.

murphy

Re: Power outage, call forward not working.

Post by murphy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:44 pm

ianlin wrote:I am a premier subscriber. I have my ooma setup to ring my cell phone if internet is down. We had a power outage today. Incoming calls went to voice mail, my cell phone did not ring at all.
Do you have blacklisting turned on?
It has been reported that forwarding on internet outage does not work if blacklisting is not enabled?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

stubeeef

Post by stubeeef » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:11 pm

OK, so I have both blacklists enabled and might experience outages with the pending storm here in Winson Salem.
I want to make sure that I get forwarding!

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:22 pm

stubeeef wrote:OK, so I have both blacklists enabled and might experience outages with the pending storm here in Winson Salem.
I want to make sure that I get forwarding!
Give it a test. Turn off ooma, wait 5 minutes to be sure (it should only take 2 minutes), and place a call to your ooma number to see if it gets forwarded. I'll state the obvious, you can't use the phone that ooma is forwarded to to make the test call.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

stubeeef

Post by stubeeef » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:32 pm

I unplugged my Ooma Telo, waited 5 minutes and called my home number from my wife's cell phone-it is supposed to forward to my cell phone.
It didn't work.
I have both blacklists enabled.
(a few minutes later...)
Just to make sure-I called one more time- at the 8 minute mark it Worked!!!!! :D