Totally shut out . . .

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
JWindsor
Totally shut out . . .

Post by JWindsor » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:18 pm

Got home tonight and the tab on my Ooma hub was flashing red. The 1 and 2 buttons were solid red, and the Play and FF buttons were solid red, as well. So I shut everything down and then restarted it all. Internet connection was fine, but I still had the same red keys.

So . . . Help from Ooma? No, their support is shut down (sucks big time).

I noticed that my land line, from which I want to port over, is now dead. Could that be from the guys working on my house accidentally cutting it? (Possible, but not likely — and I can't check it until the morning.)

Could it be from my phone number being ported over, but support not getting me switched over (or whatever it is they do)? Maybe, BUT NO ONE IS THERE . . .

So, have any of you had the experience of your line being dead at some point in the porting process? Since the Play/FF buttons on red signifies a loss of phone signal, I wonder if that is what is screwing up my hub (since it expects a land line to be attached).

I looked through the Forum, the FAQs, and the Setup page online and saw nothing about how to change your settings from "landline" to "no landline".

Thanks for any guidance.

frenchcamp49er

Re: Totally shut out . . .

Post by frenchcamp49er » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:48 pm

Try unplugging the ooma and then plug it back in to reset. I think that's what needs to be done after the port.
Customer Since: January 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Hub/Scout; Telo 04/02/10
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since December 2009)

JWindsor

Post by JWindsor » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14 pm

I did that, more than once. That wasn't the answer, but thanks for the suggestion.

JWindsor

Post by JWindsor » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:40 am

Okay, it WAS the contractors . . .

False alarm on the Ooma connection to last night's "outage" — but it sure would've been nice to have an Ooma rep available, even if just by email, to confirm that the problem wasn't on the Ooma side.

atici

Post by atici » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:06 pm

There's a page in the forums (under Ooma Status and Updates) where you can check ooma service status live.

JWindsor

Post by JWindsor » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:46 pm

Thanks, Atici. I saw that, and I was pretty sure my problem wasn't a service issue for the Ooma network as a whole. I was hoping to find something about how to change my system settings from "has a landline" to "no landline" (under the idea that my problem had been related to a dead landline, which of course it was). Unfortunately, I didn't find such a post or article, nor was I able to check with anyone at Ooma, since support is not 24/7.

But I'm functional again. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

John