Outgoing Caller ID Still Says OOMA, INC

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
networkingman
Outgoing Caller ID Still Says OOMA, INC

Post by networkingman » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:33 pm

I have had Ooma service for over 45 days now and decided to sign up for the Premiere service. My outgoing caller ID says "Ooma, INC". I sent an e-mail to customer services about two weeks ago and was assured it would be corrected within 5 - 7 business days. Well that was 10 business days ago and it still says "Ooma, INC". What I really would like to have happen is the mainline to display my name and the second line to display my business name. I was told it would be an additional $11.99 which I am ok with but don't trust it will happen. Is it possible to have two separate caller ID's? How do you escalate problems?

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Outgoing Caller ID Still Says OOMA, INC

Post by Bobby B » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:27 am

Not too sure what's the delay -- I'll send a note to our support team to follow up with you.
Bobby B

networkingman

Post by networkingman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:36 am

Bobby B wrote:Not too sure what's the delay -- I'll send a note to our support team to follow up with you.
Thanks Bobby for your help. I don't get the delay. I think almost anyone would be willing to pay a few bucks more for more responsive customer support. I guess I was hoping for better treatment as a Premiere member but sadly that is not the case.

southsound

Post by southsound » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:25 pm

At least yours says OOMA, INC. Mine says the name of a person who I have never heard of. The number was not a port but a brand new number from OOMA. I have had to hide my caller ID string so people don't ask who E*** T***** is. (* replace actual name displayed). Hopeully, this will change soon. Funny, I manage and create websites and it only takes a couple of hours for dns information to propagate worldwide. Why would it take so long to propagate caller ID information?
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

frenchcamp49er

Post by frenchcamp49er » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:11 pm

Mine says out of area ??
Customer Since: January 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Hub/Scout; Telo 04/02/10
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since December 2009)

trim81

Post by trim81 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:51 pm

according to ooma, it takes up to 2 weeks for CNAME records to propogate

networkingman

Post by networkingman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:46 pm

Yeah well it's been 45+ days! I just received yet another e-mail from customer support saying this:

I have sent over the request. It will take about 5-10 business days for these to show correctly.

Thank you,

Ooma Support Team

I got this same e-mail two weeks ago. Looks like a "copy and paste" to me. It just makes you wonder if they really do anything at all. Maybe that's being harsh, but it just makes you feel like you are told something just to try to placate you. So far I am disappointed in the customer support. Maybe if they wouldn't try this free stuff and charge something menial then perhaps they could improve their responsiveness. I like the service itself and the control panel is slick. I want these guys to stay in business but having less then responsive customer service is not going to keep your customers in this highly competitive VoIP market.

frenchcamp49er

Post by frenchcamp49er » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:08 pm

Can someone on the OOMA team look into why my caller ID still shows " Out of Area"
Customer Since: January 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Hub/Scout; Telo 04/02/10
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since December 2009)

ORCM

Post by ORCM » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:40 am

Mine displays my number, but still shows 'Ooma' as the Caller Name. Have they fixed this for you guys?

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:52 am

My temporary (prior to porting) number has my name. My permanent second line has OOMA, INC.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx