Change/disable the Ooma dialtone jingle?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jdorin
Change/disable the Ooma dialtone jingle?

Post by jdorin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:26 am

How to disable the Ooma dialtone jingle?

I seem to recall, when setting up my account, an option of selecting which 1-2 second jingle is played each time I pick up the handset. The jingle is played again when the caller at the other end picks up the call, too.

I regard the "announcement" as a quickie Ooma marketing pitch, which I don't object to. I guess the object is to get the receiver of the call to ask about it, which gives me the opportunity to promote Ooma, and I'm happy to do that (after all, we all have a vested interest in Ooma's ongoing success!).

Anyway, my wife objects to the tone, and I've been trying to revisit the page that allows me to select the None option, which I think was one of the original options - but I can no longer find that page.

Is resetting that option disabled once you choose the initial setting, or what :?:

hpepper

Re: Change/disable the Ooma dialtone jingle?

Post by hpepper » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:32 am

Log into my.ooma.com and click on the word SYSTEM under PREFERENCES - you can check NONE there. It only will disable the Ooma tone for the person calling you. You cannot disable the Ooma tone when you pick up a handset to make a call.

jdorin

Post by jdorin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:41 am

Perfect, succinct answer :!: Thanks, hpepper.

605-838-3831

Post by 605-838-3831 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:12 pm

Why can't I disable the tone when I pick up the phone to dial? What purpose does it serve other than to annoy me?

TonyW

Post by TonyW » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:45 pm

Open:

https://my.ooma.com/preferences/devices

Click on the small blue 'cog' on your device & select 'edit'. Change 'dial tone' from pull-down.

cofresi1959

Post by cofresi1959 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:18 pm

I changed the Ooma Telo dial tone from default to regular and it took a couple of minutes but it worked!