When people call to Ooma...

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
dpeverhart
When people call to Ooma...

Post by dpeverhart » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:39 pm

They are hearing only silence when my Ooma phone is ringing. I didn't realize this until people told me about it then when I called from my cell to my Ooma I verified that even though my end rings on the Ooma phone, there is only silence on the callers end.

Is this normal? If not, how can I change this?! :o

mthomtech

Re: When people call to Ooma...

Post by mthomtech » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:22 am

It is not normal, but it's probably nothing wrong with your unit.

I've seen this issue occur on the forums and it's usually something specific to your phone number. Basically something wrong with the local phone company partners that are being used.

Your best bet is to track the calls (time and number calling) and get in touch with Tech Support (they may have to escalate it to someone who can check it out). But they may be able to track down the issue with their partner and get them to straighten it out.

If that doesn't work, a change in phone number may work. Did you port your number over, or is it a new one that you don't mind changing?
Ooma Customer since March 2009
Ooma Hardware: Hub/Scout(2) and Telo
Premier Member

amoney

Re: When people call to Ooma...

Post by amoney » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:00 am

Its called RINGBACK.

COntact customer support, and they should be able to take care of it, it is a known issues that occasionally happens, and since it is known it should be easy to get resolved. But you have to call customer support and stay ontop of them.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G