Line 2 light stuck on

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
zeitwatch1
Line 2 light stuck on

Post by zeitwatch1 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:13 pm

The light for Line 2 on my ooma hub won't go off. Well, that's not exactly true-sometimes it goes off but always comes back on. The lights on the scout are fine, and both lines are working properly. This problem started over two weeks after installation. Any ideas?

voip-ninja

Re: Line 2 light stuck on

Post by voip-ninja » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:31 pm

zeitwatch1 wrote:The light for Line 2 on my ooma hub won't go off. Well, that's not exactly true-sometimes it goes off but always comes back on. The lights on the scout are fine, and both lines are working properly. This problem started over two weeks after installation. Any ideas?
This could be happening if the equipment detects a short, with line 2 being off hook.

Disconnect the hub from the wall wiring (but not the principal) phone and see if the light goes out. If so then something in the wiring between the hub and scout, or the phone connected to the scout, or the scout itself is making it look like the phone has been picked up.

rya

Post by rya » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:03 am

I am having the same problem. I cannot get the Line 2 light to turn off. I have unplugged and tried to reset the device. Even after unplugging the entire setup overnight, it still turns right back on when the power is restored.

My setup only uses the hub, no scouts at this time. Also, I do not use a landline in the setup, and do not use existing wiring/wall connections -- only a phone hooked direct to the hub.

This started about 2 weeks after I started using Ooma.

Please help.

Thanks.

zeitwatch1 wrote:The light for Line 2 on my ooma hub won't go off. Well, that's not exactly true-sometimes it goes off but always comes back on. The lights on the scout are fine, and both lines are working properly. This problem started over two weeks after installation. Any ideas?

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:26 am

If the powercycle doesn't help, then it might be a hardware problem that is causing the line 2 button to stay lit. I'd contact ooma support to request a replacement unit (they might step through a few troubleshooting steps first).
Bobby B