Will Porting process disconnect my DSL?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
magichael
Will Porting process disconnect my DSL?

Post by magichael » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:34 am

I currently have both my home phone service and DSL through Qwest. I just read a review on Amazon saying to beware that once the port is accomplished, the phone company disconnects both the phone and the DSL! Is there a way to do the port and have Qwest cancel only their phone service, so that I have no interruption in my DSL service?

Another side-question. I checked on another phone number (541-995-xxxx) and the tool said it was not available to port. Does this mean it is DEFININTELY not available, or MAYBE not? This prefix is only 20 miles away from the prefix I am currently porting.

Thanks.

Mike

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Will Porting process disconnect my DSL?

Post by Bobby B » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:02 pm

I just replied to the Amazon review on porting with DSL -- I'd check out the following KB article:

Article Link

Also, it doesn't look like right now we can port to 541-995, but sometimes the support team can ask our carrier group to see if we can support porting to those areas.

Thanks,
Bobby
Bobby B

magichael

Re: Will Porting process disconnect my DSL?

Post by magichael » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:20 pm

Bobby:

Thanks for the info about DSL and porting.

Also, can you put in a request to check on the 541-995-xxxx porting possibility? Thanks.

Mike