Cannot dial a Toll Free Number (TFN)

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
haneef
Re: Cannot dial a Toll Free Number (TFN)

Post by haneef » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi,

I too have same problem. Till yesterday it was working for me (Mar 24). But today I had my number ported so the landline was discconnected from today. Now the conference call is not working. Can you please give me a workaround? I mostly work from home and I need this urgently.

BTW my 800 number is 877.675.4345.

Thanks,
Haneef

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:51 pm

You were upgraded to 34542 this afternoon so you should not be running into a problem calling this number anymore. Can you confirm? If you are running into a problem, please re-articulate your issue since it may be different then what was previously characterized.

haneef

Post by haneef » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:50 am

It is still not working.

Here is my problem. I can join conference call using either toll free number or a long distance number. Once I dial a toll free number or long distance number , I have to dial in 9 digit pass code.

1) I was able to dial long distance or toll free number
2) While entering the passcode, after entering 6 digits, it says passcode is invalid and try again. If I had entered invalid passcode, it has to wait till I complete the 9 digit entry. I'm getting invlalid passcode message before I complete my passcode entry (after 6 digit).

How can I check which version of firmware my ooma is running? I have rebooted it

Thanks,
Haneef

dpierce

Post by dpierce » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:45 am

haneef wrote:It is still not working.

Here is my problem. I can join conference call using either toll free number or a long distance number. Once I dial a toll free number or long distance number , I have to dial in 9 digit pass code.

1) I was able to dial long distance or toll free number
2) While entering the passcode, after entering 6 digits, it says passcode is invalid and try again. If I had entered invalid passcode, it has to wait till I complete the 9 digit entry. I'm getting invlalid passcode message before I complete my passcode entry (after 6 digit).

How can I check which version of firmware my ooma is running? I have rebooted it

Thanks,
Haneef

Hello, sorry to hear your having a problem still. All I can tell you is that since Dennis updated my Telo to Rev: 1.35452 the other day, I've had no problems with my 866 numbers and my 7 digit pass codes. I use 800 numbers as well without issue and they require a 10 digit pass code. As for checking the version number your on, go to http://setup.ooma.com then click "status" in the menu to the left. If referring to handset software version, that's found through the phones menu and should be the same as the bases version.

legh1

Post by legh1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:33 am

I have the exact same problem as described by Haneef. I have a 10-digit passcode that I cannot enter. Either it will not let me dial them or only 5 or 6 digits will be recognized out of 10. However, I'm still on 35170. How can I upgrade my handset to 35452 so that I can test this?

Thanks,
Chester

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:46 am

Hello legh1,

I've put in a request to our Ops team to upgrade your Telo firmware
to 35452.

legh1

Post by legh1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:02 pm

I want to but I don't know how. Can you point me the way?

Thanks,
Chester

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Sorry for not being clear.
Nothing is needed on your part other than to make sure your telo is online.
We would push the update from here once our Operations team has a free moment.

fthomasson

Post by fthomasson » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:22 pm

I also can not enter a 10-digit login code. However it not for a TFN - rather a local number. I have the 35452 firmware. I also could not enter it with the 35170 firmware.
Last edited by fthomasson on Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

legh1

Post by legh1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:22 pm

The upgrade to 35452 did help where it allowed me to connect in two tries. The first attempt it missed one digit. By pressing each digit more slowly and deliberately, it worked the second time. This works for now but it's not nearly as responsive as other phone systems (cell and Vonage are the two I also have and tested).

Thanks,
Chester