My caller ID is incorrect

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
southsound
Re: My caller ID is incorrect

Post by southsound » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Duplicate post quoting myself - probably due to fat fingers. Removed by poster.
Last edited by southsound on Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

jemarti

Post by jemarti » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:23 am

southsound wrote:It is relatively inexpensive to just do a name change. I tried for over a year to get ooma to send my name with my caller id - then I found out that for $50 I cound have my name changed to Unavailable. I can't tell you how much better life is now that my caller ID and my name match. Now when I call people they say, "Oh - it's Unavailable. I think I'll take his call." Best $50 I ever spent. Since ooma was not able to make the change after at least 4 tickets (all closed by ooma) overmore than a year, I felt that I had to take charge. :P

Actually, my hub never gave my name after about 13 months. My Telo was spot on within a week. Go figure!
Am I understanding this correctly - Your number still displays on outbound calls, but the CNAM reads "unavailable"? I'd be willing to consider this since Ooma either lacks the skill or knowledge to make a CNAM change. You mentioned paying $50 to accomplish this. Who did you pay the money to?

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:29 am

jemarti wrote:
southsound wrote:It is relatively inexpensive to just do a name change. I tried for over a year to get ooma to send my name with my caller id - then I found out that for $50 I cound have my name changed to Unavailable. I can't tell you how much better life is now that my caller ID and my name match. Now when I call people they say, "Oh - it's Unavailable. I think I'll take his call." Best $50 I ever spent. Since ooma was not able to make the change after at least 4 tickets (all closed by ooma) overmore than a year, I felt that I had to take charge. :P

Actually, my hub never gave my name after about 13 months. My Telo was spot on within a week. Go figure!
Am I understanding this correctly - Your number still displays on outbound calls, but the CNAM reads "unavailable"? I'd be willing to consider this since Ooma either lacks the skill or knowledge to make a CNAM change. You mentioned paying $50 to accomplish this. Who did you pay the money to?
Your local courthouse should be able to help change your legal name to "unavailable", but expect your friends to just call you "un" (I'm pretty sure southsound was making a joke). :D

jemarti

Post by jemarti » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:51 am

Groundhound wrote:
jemarti wrote:

Your local courthouse should be able to help change your legal name to "unavailable", but expect your friends to just call you "un" (I'm pretty sure southsound was making a joke). :D
lol.... I should wait until I've had my coffee before posting. Thanks :)