Is My Number Porting??

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
scots
Is My Number Porting??

Post by scots » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:33 am

So, today is 4 weeks since I received an e-mail from ooma stating that they had everything they needed to begin the port of my number. I haven't heard anything at all since. Starting some time yesterday, any time anyone anywhere tries to call my number that's being ported they get a message saying "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try again."

I haven't been contacted either by ooma with an expected completion date, or by AT&T saying that they're closing out the account (I've seen some people mention that AT&T e-mailed them when the port out occurred). I still have dial tone and can call out on the AT&T line with no problems, but no incoming calls. I can also still log into my account on the AT&T web site and view call logs, etc.

Is my port occurring right now? To the best of my knowledge, nothing like this happened when I ported the number in to AT&T.

murphy

Re: Is My Number Porting??

Post by murphy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:39 am

I am in the same situation starting this morning. My number, which is being ported from Vonage, gives an out of service intercept to anyone that calls it. It still has dial tone and can be used to call out. There has been no email from ooma specifying the LNP completion date.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

scots

Post by scots » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:46 am

The message people get when they call me doesn't say anything about being out of service, disconnected, etc. Mine just says the "call cannot be completed as dialed."

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:02 am

The message is generated by the caller's phone company. It will vary depending on who their phone company is.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

scots

Post by scots » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:35 am

OK...I guess it is in the process of porting. Was nice of everyone to let me know AFTER my phone went out. I can no longer login to my account on the AT&T web site, and just got this e-mail from AT&T:

As requested on 02/20/2009, AT&T CallVantage (R) Service is in the process of disconnecting your 2nd Line service. You will not be able to place or receive calls using the AT&T CallVantage Service on your 2nd Line. If you have not done so already, you should immediately arrange for service with an alternate phone service provider.

If you have any questions or concerns simply visit https://www.callvantage.att.com/help. We are sorry you decided to cancel this additional line, but want to thank you again for being a AT&T CallVantage Service customer.

Sincerely,

AT&T CallVantage Service Team

scots

Post by scots » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:12 am

Well...I'm on day 3 now of people not being able to call my number that I'm porting in (or trying to port in) to ooma. AT&T completely disconnected it yesterday afternoon, and still no word from anyone at ooma since the "we have everything we need to start your port" e-mail. I haven't contacted AT&T at all, so the disconnect had to come from the port request. I've never had a number go completely out for 3 days during a port.

scots

Post by scots » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:07 am

About 15 minutes after my last post I got an e-mail from the "provisioning coordinator" at ooma saying that they're still waiting for confirmation of the order and a due date. I'm now trying to call ooma support. I think their wait time calculator is broken. First it was telling me that my expected hold time was over 10 minutes. Then after a while it said less than 2 minutes. Then it jumped back up to more than 10 minutes. Then said 5 minutes. Then less than 2 minutes again. Back to "more than" 2 minutes. And dumped into a voicemail box for some extension number rather than identifying what department it's for. Sheesh. They need some more music too. It keeps playing the same 2 songs over and over.

scots

Post by scots » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:32 am

Well, after a second try I was able to get through and talk to someone at ooma. The guy I spoke with was very friendly. He said that AT&T shouldn't have disconnected my service before ooma was provided with an acknowledgement and completion date. He said he would escalate things, check into what's going on, and call me back later today. I guess we'll see what happens.