Problem with ooma dialing the wrong number

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
chief
Problem with ooma dialing the wrong number

Post by chief » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:31 pm

Has anyone else experienced your ooma box will dial a prevous number that you called. What I mean is this. I call 111-111-1111 (example) have a phone conversation blah blah blah. Then hang up. Then later you pick up the phone and dial 222-222-2222 (another example) and on my phone it will show that I dialed the new number correctly, but behind the scenes it dials the first number back. I have had this happens several times and so has my wife. It can even happen if I use one phone and she picks up a different phone to make a new call. Anyone esle have this problem?

Chief

Mojo
Ooma Moderator

Re: Problem with ooma dialing the wrong number

Post by Mojo » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi Chief,

I haven't heard about this problem before - I'd send a note over to the customer support team with details on a specific day/time when this occurred so we can investigate this further.

bluesgene

Post by bluesgene » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:59 pm

Yes, I have had this happen to me also, but only once so far.

chief

Post by chief » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:22 pm

This happens to me everyonce in while. I am using an ATT 5.8 ghz digital phone. i don't know if this is the same as yours or not. This has happend at least 20 times in 6 months.

bluesgene

Post by bluesgene » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:14 pm

No. My phone is a GE 2.4Ghz chorded. Also, my wife informed me that this problem has happened to her a couple of times too. You know, This could potentially be a serious problem if it were to happen while attempting to make an immergency call.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:19 pm

Yes, I agree. If you or your wife can recall approximate day/times and the phone numbers involved, we can try to take a look at why this might be occurring.

The ooma Hub only has memory for the last called phone number. Normally if you dial *69 (if caller-ID was present), you'll dial the person who last called you. We'd need to check if somehow this or some other key sequence is being sent from the phone.
bluesgene wrote:No. My phone is a GE 2.4Ghz chorded. Also, my wife informed me that this problem has happened to her a couple of times too. You know, This could potentially be a serious problem if it were to happen while attempting to make an immergency call.
Bobby B

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:11 pm

We've finally been able to collect enough data to isolate this issue and have rolled out a fix in an upgrade sent out about a week ago. Thanks to all who chimed in on this.

chief

Post by chief » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:52 pm

I am glad you fixed this. I wanted to check and see if anyone else continued to have problems with this so i came back to my orignial post. I can tell you I have not had this problem in a few months. It seems to not happen any more. Thanks for fixing it.

Chief