Voice mail answering during conference call

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ntoy
Re: Voice mail answering during conference call

Post by ntoy » Wed May 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Hello All,

Unfortunately, this is a bug we are currently working on - bug 8494

vkolli

Post by vkolli » Wed May 12, 2010 4:13 pm

Thanks for acknowledgment. The customer service reps I spoke to seemed to be unaware of this.

Would we be able to get some notification after it is fixed? I will not be able to confidently use Ooma for business conference call until then. Also is there a way to work around it until it is fixed, like disabling the answering service etc..
BTW, can we disable the answering service? I did not see a way to do it with my ooma.

Daghis

Post by Daghis » Mon May 17, 2010 7:00 am

vkolli wrote:For those of you who experienced it, is it happening only when you are hosting the call or even if you just a participant? For me it happened only when I am hosting the call.
It happened to me as just a participant. I don't think Ooma knows the difference between hosting a conference call and not.

kjacobs454

Post by kjacobs454 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:21 pm

vkolli wrote:It happened to me twice. Called the Ooma customer service. All they made me to do is to reset the box. I don't think they know what is going on.

For those of you who experienced it, is it happening only when you are hosting the call or even if you just a participant? For me it happened only when I am hosting the call.
Happened to me as a participant...

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue May 18, 2010 4:57 pm

If this problem is repeatable and you have premier, could try out this suggestion?

dordav

Post by dordav » Wed May 19, 2010 8:27 am

When using an 866 conference call bridge, it disconnects after 5 minutes. Called back in 2 other times with same result. Suddenly I hear the Ooma dialtone. No issue with voicemail so far.

grecni

Post by grecni » Wed May 19, 2010 9:57 am

This just occurred to me on a regular phone call, not a conference call.

imarollingstone

Post by imarollingstone » Wed May 19, 2010 10:24 am

vkolli wrote:It happened to me twice. Called the Ooma customer service. All they made me to do is to reset the box. I don't think they know what is going on.

For those of you who experienced it, is it happening only when you are hosting the call or even if you just a participant? For me it happened only when I am hosting the call.
It happened to me when I was just a participant. Very strange. It is also dropping calls a lot.

Lilly's_Closet

Post by Lilly's_Closet » Wed May 19, 2010 3:28 pm

same problem here see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7696

CMguy

Post by CMguy » Fri May 21, 2010 1:52 pm

Still happening.

First time for me was a week ago, Friday, 14MAY about 1:00pm (Pacific). Disconnecting my cable box (power & connection) made v-mail stop recording. I called back in to my conference, was good for 45 minutes and it started again. This time the disconnect did not help. I called back in to the conference to apologize and heard my own v-mail stop and start again. Every 5 minutes, like clockwork. I then called tech support. Like the other posts, I spent over an hour with them moving wires around and rebooting various boxes. Even after all the posts, they did not seem to have a clue.

Then again this past Monday, 17MAY, at about 9:50 am. Another session with tech support. They tried to blame it on my internet connection. After I had Comcast reset the modem and everything checked out good, I again called tech support. This time I was told it was a known issue and there was a ticket, CS47126. “The engineers are working on it.” I advised the tech that when I was using Ooma, my upload speed was going from ~4.0Mbs to ~0.2Mbs. It was also dragging down my download speed but not as dramatically. He advised plugging the Ooma box into my router instead of the (preferred) configuration of into the cable box.

Problem happened again this afternoon, ~2pm. Called tech support again & "the engineers are working on it". No estimate of time for a fix.

Really embarrassing to be on a call with a crowd of folks, many of which are a number of levels above me in the food chain and have my v-mail announce every 5 minutes with NO WAY to TURN IT OFF!!! (Would not be quite so bad if I could kill it but seems I cannot.)

(In answer to the "host" question, both as a participant and as host. I did get smart today and took the host control. When it started, I used the AT&T conference software to disconnect me.)