Calling out hangs up

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
chenyuelin
Re: Calling out hangs up

Post by chenyuelin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:47 pm

I'm getting same problem here in north california from today morning.

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:37 pm

I just posted this in another thread without realizing this longer thread discussing the same issue existed.

It's probably a symptom of Ooma's termination partner for the call not accepting the codecs that Ooma's network is telling them it has available. If I'm right, it's usually an issue they'll have to work out on their network or with the partner or by using a different partner for those calls. The one exception would be if you have LOW bandwidth conditions on your Internet connection and you can improve that to broaden the selection of codecs that can be used for the call.
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.

dxt55

Post by dxt55 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:54 am

Has this issue been fixed for everyone? The SoCal number I've been using to test the problem is working now.

jw530

Post by jw530 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:57 am

Ooma seems to be working now (LA area) with no hang ups.

chenyuelin

Post by chenyuelin » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:43 am

My unit is working now after doing a factory reset. The following procedure was provide by ooma support:

"Please try to do a factory reset, here are the procedures:

1. Unplug unit from power for 30 seconds
2. After 30 seconds connect power to Telo
3. When the red ooma logo starts flashing press STOP and TRASH at the same time (the logo should flash blue/red)
4. hold the keys until the ooma logo turns solid red
5. the box should then factory reset and reboot

The ooma Telo will then go back to factory default settings and reboot itself. It will then start fresh like if it was used for the first time."