Wireless network slow and unstable post-Ooma install

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
tendancer
Wireless network slow and unstable post-Ooma install

Post by tendancer » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:10 am

I have this configuration:

DSL modem --> Ooma hub --> Time Capsule router --> multiple wireless clients

Symptoms post-install:
Wireless network dies every few minutes, so all clients' Internet sessions hang while the network tries to reconnect to my ISP. This problem seems to be exacerbated whenever a Time Machine backup kicks off. I tried turning off the backups temporarily to see if things stabilized; no dice.

Even when the network is up, many pages are extremely slow to load, or never come up at all.

Any suggestions?

Mojo
Ooma Moderator

Re: Wireless network slow and unstable post-Ooma install

Post by Mojo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:10 am

Hi tendancer,

I had a look at your Hub logs, and noticed some DHCP address requests being received from both your Time Capsule router AND your wireless clients. This might be source of your problem - since we should only see DHCP requests from your Time Capsule router. Are your wireless clients connected via Ethernet cable to anything in your network (such as a network switch)?

Also, just to rule out a problem with the ooma Hub to modem connection, when you connect one of your computers behind the ooma Hub, are you able to browse the Internet OK?

If you would like, we can also try stepping through troubleshooting this network connectivity issue over the phone. You can give us a call at: 1-888-711-6662 (8am-6pm PDT)