Call problems

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
von
Call problems

Post by von » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:24 pm

My Ooma device has been great up until today..
Today I have been having various problems (calls dropping & the other party not being able to hear me but I still hear them)

I have tried lowering my upstream number 3 times, now I am at 256
And I am still having the problem.

My Ooma is pretty much unusable at this point.

If anyone out there can suggest something that works please help.

If not, the this Ooma hub will be on Craigs List.

My setup.
Cable Internet -> Ooma hub-> Router

Mojo
Ooma Moderator

Re: Call problems

Post by Mojo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:59 pm

Hi Von,

I think we'll want to take a look at a few specific calls on where you were experiencing problems. When you get a chance, please send a note to the ooma support team on your issues so that we can look at the call quality statistics for the calls you're having issues with.

bluesgene

Post by bluesgene » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:10 pm

Just curious about the statement " have tried lowering my upstream number 3 times, now I am at 256". What does that mean?

Mojo
Ooma Moderator

Post by Mojo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:34 pm

Hi bluesgene, he's referring to the below link:

Configuring QoS

Basically for the best QoS settings, we recommend matching your upstream QoS bandwidth to what is displayed in the bandwidth measurement website. If your upstream voice quality still has issues, we recommend adjusting the upstream QoS bandwidth downwards, since bandwidth can be variable and the QoS algorithm works best if you slightly underestimate the actual bandwidth.

Tom T

Post by Tom T » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:37 pm

I'm a new customer and I am having the same problem. I can hear the other person crystal clear, but they cannot hear me.

I also changed QoS upstream throughout a massive range 100 kbps to 2 Mbps, and the problem persists.

I tried calling support, but was disconnected after waiting 30 minutes and never getting to talk to someone. I tried two more times with the same result-- the call being dropped at 30 minutes without ever talking to anyone. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm not sure if there's a time limit imposed as well?