multiple hubs

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
doctormemory
multiple hubs

Post by doctormemory » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:15 pm

Hi,

I would like to know if I can daisy chain my 3-ooma hubs together (serial connection) to give priority to the hub dedicated for fax services.

But I don’t think speed is a problem with 10 megabit per second down and 1.5 megabit per second up.

Tried all the techniques on the support page.

As it is now they are parallel to the router and work great (except for fax).

If not, how can I use the remaining landline that was not ported to receive faxes. Sending would not be an issue but the incoming fax needs to point to the hub.

Is there a buffer box made I can use?

Thanks,

John

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: multiple hubs

Post by Bobby B » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:17 pm

Hi doctormemory,

I talked about daisy-chainning two hubs together in this post:

Post Link

The above instructions should work for three ooma Hubs. I'm confused a bit as to why you want to daisy-chain three Hubs. Is your main goal to give priority for your faxes through the ooma Hub?

If you want to receive faxes on your landline, you'll just need to configure the ooma Hub that's connected to the fax machine to work with a landline [ooma Support can help you with that configuration]. Afterwards, fax calls to your landline phone number should be received OK. If you have ooma Premier, you can also configure that Hub to have another ooma phone number as well.

-Bobby
Bobby B