Telco Handset Questions

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
mattwj2005
Telco Handset Questions

Post by mattwj2005 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi guys,

I have heard mix reviews about the Telo Handset. I have also heard a lot of the issues have been fixed with firmware. I have 5 areas of concern and I was wondering if you guys could help me make the decide to buy one or not.

1. How is the range on the handset?
2. How is the battery? Is it upgradable?
3. Is the voice quality descent?
4. Does the Telo handset work with other Telo handsets?
5. Does it work okay with other DECT 6.0 handsets?

Sorry for all the questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt

Groundhound

Re: Telco Handset Questions

Post by Groundhound » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:52 pm

mattwj2005 wrote:Hi guys,

I have heard mix reviews about the Telo Handset. I have also heard a lot of the issues have been fixed with firmware. I have 5 areas of concern and I was wondering if you guys could help me make the decide to buy one or not.

1. How is the range on the handset? I can use mine all over my home and outside nearby, but not at the extremities of my yard
2. How is the battery? Is it upgradable? Not the greatest, but stands up to "normal" use. If you're likely to have multi-hour calls you may have some issues with it. I try to keep mine in the charger when not in use and it works OK for us. The battery is not upgradeable beyond like-kind replacement, AFAIK.
3. Is the voice quality descent? Very good in my case.
4. Does the Telo handset work with other Telo handsets? Not sure what you mean, but you can have up to four Telo Handsets paired with the Telo. Each Telo Handset can make intercom calls to the other Telo Handsets or to the phone(s) plugged into the Telo phone port. There's also a baby monitor feature with the Telo Handsets.
5. Does it work okay with other DECT 6.0 handsets? The Telo Handset has no impact on other phones you use, wired or otherwise. Other DECT 6.0 handsets have their own base station that would plug into the Telo base phone port, while the Telo Handset base station is the Telo itself

Sorry for all the questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt

mattwj2005

Post by mattwj2005 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:33 am

Groundhound,

Thanks for the awesome answers. I just heard the Telo handsets didn't always link up easily. I would assume that had something to do with the DECT 6.0.

That really sucks about the battery life! My dad and I can easily talk for a few hours!

I think I'll buy an handset when I get a chance. I just wish it had a way to hook up a headset. Oh well.

Thanks again for your help.

Matt

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:55 am

If you have a Premier account you can use a bluetooth headset with the bluetooth adapter.
https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-bluetooth
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx