My outgoing Caller ID says "Ooma"

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
murphy
Re: My outgoing Caller ID says "Ooma"

Post by murphy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:28 pm

All Ooma can do is publish your CID information to the many CID database operators.
It is up to the database operators to actually insert the information into their database.
CID name is not transmitted with the call. The called phone company looks it up in their database.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Yes, I know that. But I don't believe Ooma has done its part. If Ooma had done its part (publishing), at least some of the people I call (in widely varying regions separated by thousands of miles) would see correct information. None do, and none ever have, except on July 29 when one of them (in Oregon) got good info. The very next day, calling the very same friend, it said "Ooma" again.

I'm getting annoyed by Ooma's failure, and annoyed again by people who tell me repeatedly, in the same thread, what I've known for decades.

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:10 am

Well, it's been two months and 12 days so far, and the problem isn't fixed yet. Outgoing Caller ID still says "Ooma". I guess I'll call Customer Support tomorrow and ask them how trouble report CS58579 is coming along. It's like talking to a wall, though, for all the real help that's forthcoming.

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:11 pm

It seems OK now. Perhaps it will stay fixed so that, after two-and-a-half months, I can recover my accustomed cheerfulness and resume being happy with Ooma..