Ooma is no longer working..

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
but2002
Re: Ooma is no longer working..

Post by but2002 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:55 pm

My ooma just successfully connected to their servers, then after about 1 minute it rebooted.

I'm guessing it updated?

oomaaddict

Post by oomaaddict » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:02 am

OOma is no longer working for me, can't receive incoming calls but can make outgoing calls.Even after rebooting ooma hub. Is any having same problem? ISP provider is Cablevision.

dumboshaper

Post by dumboshaper » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:48 am

We have the same issue as oomaaddict. Calls out work so far, calls in ring, but the person calling in hears a fast busy signal and on our ooma line we hear nothing. We have Charter as service provider. Anyone else ever experience this and have a fix? Tried rebooting. No dice.

fazworld

Post by fazworld » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:48 am

Yep, same problem. When I call the Ooma number, I hear a fast busy but we can answer the call (but not hear anything). Anyone calling in has the same problem. I've only had the Telo for about a month and we've had a number of issues. The wife is really getting frustrated... she even mentioned the "Vonage" word again... HELP!

shurburne_atl

Post by shurburne_atl » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:52 am

I live in Roswell, GA and have the same problem.

Typically for such systemic issues, what is the resolution process? Has anyone from ooma acknowledged the incident?

JR

vzaveri

Post by vzaveri » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:58 am

I have 2 ooma hubs, and i'm having the same problems, i'm able to make outbound calls, but not recieving incoming calls.
Does ooma know about it? I'm trying to get them on the phone but on wait for a long time.

fazworld

Post by fazworld » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:11 am

Well, I just got off the phone with Ooma technical support. Very frustrating... the first thing they asked me is if the ringer was turned on. Jeez... but I guess they have to ask those types of questions. They called my Ooma number twice and was able to get through on the 1st time but not the 2nd time (it went to VM). I wasn't home with my device (my wife was) so they basically said nothing was wrong and for me to call back when I was with the device. I asked them if they were monitoring the Ooma support forums because there was almost 3 pages of similar issues, and she didn't have a straight answer. Again, very frustrating.... I need to go back to work..

mrtim

Post by mrtim » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:35 am

They are having a major outage. At first they seemed unaware of the problem and were blaming it on a system upgrade in-progress. That upgrade was completed about an hour ago according to the tech support person I spoke to.

At that time they didn't know they had an outage. Now they announce an widespread outage when you call CS.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:40 am

Unfortunately, one of our regional East Coast Carriers suffered an outage. They are on top of it & working asap to resolve issue.

From Ooma Status:

We are currently experiencing an issue with inbound calling affecting customers in the East Coast region.
Please check the forums updates, we do apologize for any inconvenience this my cause.

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:27 am

ntoy wrote:Unfortunately, one of our regional East Coast Carriers suffered an outage. They are on top of it & working asap to resolve issue.

From Ooma Status:

We are currently experiencing an issue with inbound calling affecting customers in the East Coast region.
Please check the forums updates, we do apologize for any inconvenience this my cause.
Seems like the kind of event that should go out on http://twitter.com/ooma_status
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.