Ooma is no longer working..

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
bw1
Re: Ooma is no longer working..

Post by bw1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:53 am

And this topic: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26 needs to be bumped when updated so that users subscribed to that topic get notified by email and will see that it's updated if they go to the forum.

NLight95

Post by NLight95 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:29 am

My area code is 207 (Maine). I'm having some issues with incoming calls.

- Incoming calls are dropped whether I set my ooma voicemail pick-up time up for 3, 4, or 5 rings.
- Back on Aug 12 I received one incoming call on voicemail but there was no call screening, though the message was recorded.

If I pick up a call before the pick-up time then there's no problem. The only way I can tell if I've missed calls is to check the caller ID log of my phone. I've run several tests (whichvoip, RoadRunner speed test) and my connection is fine. My upstream internet speed is 384k, downstream unlimited, reserve is 130 (ooma default).

So basically ooma voicemail is not working, at least not for me.

angela

Post by angela » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:24 pm

Setup:
ISP > Motorola modem > Linksys G router > Ooma Hub > Panasonic wireless phone hub.
Southern CA user

Problem:
We've had Ooma for over a year, and it just started acting up in the past month. Problem was sporatic at first, but now it is all the time. People call in, Ooma rings, but when we pick up, we cannot hear anyone. We can call out, we just can't hear anyone calling in.

Actions Taken:
1. To eliminate the possibility of a bad phone set, I replaced our existing set with a working spare - same problem.
2. I've rebooted Ooma (several times) and we do get the blue tab after the self diagnostic tests, and which according to their documentation tells me that the Ooma Hub is working properly.
3. I call my cell phone and it works fine. But when I call from my cell to my Ooma number, I hear it ring once (from cell), then a busy tone, then a no-longer-in-use tone, then it disconnects. At the same time, the Ooma Hub line 1 lights up, rings (3x or 4x), says who is calling, then hangs up.

Remarks:
I know that there are issues connected to this in the east coast, but I hope that I am not the only one out here in CA that is being affected. I don't know if it means anything, but the no-longer-in-use tone was an odd surprise. I hope this gets resolved soon.

searay61

Post by searay61 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:38 pm

I see that it looks like most of the east coast is being affected....I understand this happens....HOWEVER

I would hope there would be some "place" where updates can be found. I saw (somewhere) a reboot worked. I drove back home and rebooted. It seems like I can make outbound calls fine.

The next issue, incoming calls ring but when I pick up, there is nothing. I thought I had setup some sort of a back up number to my cell. I have my system setup to rinh here and my cell at the same time. The issue is, I pick up and hear nothing. I tried it, there is no ring and just silence to the inbound caller.

Really, if this happens I thought the call would just go to my cell and "no harm no foul." At least I got the call and like many cell carriers, non of this 21st century stuff is 100%...it's just when it does, our like goes off the charts because we rely on it, think we have a back up plan that should work and we are good.

The problem today is there should be a way to quickly find out what is up, what is the status, and a "best guess" of houw long the problem will be around. Short of not knowing when we will be back up, should be some sort of "we need to get X and then restore Y and then...." Get the hint, a little communication goes a long way.

The other thing (and I don't know if you can contol this) is when a network outage of this scale happens, why can't the calls go to the "alternate" or backup number and forget trying to send them into the Ooma cloud. Right now, if some one calls (I get caller ID on the cell too), and I pick up either my ooma or cell phone...nothing, silence etc. The drag is, I call back and the caller doesn't know what's up and calls back 2 or 3 (or 8 this morning) times before they give up. I should have just been able to get my cell and take the call.

Frustrated in SRQ

PS. I posted the same in another forum this moring and now it locked and the post was deleted...not cool.

Post by 6192820733 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:02 pm

I am in southern california and began experiencing the same issue today. I can call out, but incoming calls get a busy signal. What is going on?

Asok

Post by Asok » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:04 pm

Mine is having issues as well. It was acting up last night, but I didn't really look into it until today. Calls to my Ooma just here 3 beeps (like a fast buys signal) and then nothing. This sounds similar to the other people in this forum.

The Ooma status says the issue is mostly affecting people on the East US, but I'm on the West Coast near Seattle, Washington (425 area code). I have Comcast Cable, using the same hardware and settings I have for years. I tried to reboot everything a few minutes ago, but the problem still exists.

huis58

Post by huis58 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:20 pm

I am on west coast (San Diego) and incoming calls have not worked all day. I can call out. My Ooma is very, very slow. I rebooted the ooma box and that did not help. 2:20 PM PST.

lonesail

Post by lonesail » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:45 pm

Same here. SD UTC, incoming calls not through... :(

searay61

Post by searay61 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:58 pm

These calls really should be going to the backup number...not the main number. What is the pupose of the backup in the first place?

scooterdog

Post by scooterdog » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:10 pm

There has got to be a better way - Ooma has been great now for four months but to have our phone go down for an entire day points out the limitations of their service.

Calling in to technical support to receive the same recording of a major outage doesn't really help. We just want our phone service back!