Ooma Has A Problem

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
beachboui
Ooma Has A Problem

Post by beachboui » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:17 am

Well, frankly, Ooma has several problems. But, this one is pretty darn significant. As referenced in the thread "i call, it rings..." (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9006), outgoing calls may be answered on the other end, but you only hear the phone continue to ring. So, thinking there will be no answer, you hang up. It is then up to the caller to call the number on their caller ID in order to complete the call. Ridiculous.

Occasionally, the connection will complete after it rings about a dozen times or more, if the other party stays on the line. This is unacceptable and must be addressed immediately. I'm sure many Ooma users, like myself, are losing confidence by the hour.

*** Update Sept. 10, 2010 ***
My issues with outgoing calls not working properly has been resolved and now works as it should. Thank you, Ooma for prompt attention to correct this problem. My other problem with Vonage customers not getting through has also been resolved, but was not an Ooma issue... it was a Vonage issue (not removing my ported number from their database). A phone call to Vonage corrected that.

Ooma now seems to be working as well as any VoIP phone service I have ever used. I have also decided to continue my subscription to the Premier package to support Ooma with my $10/mo. The services are worth it, and the revenues will help Ooma remain viable.
Last edited by beachboui on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

roadshow

Re: Ooma Has A Problem

Post by roadshow » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:57 am

I recently purchased an OOMA for my parents, and one for me. Mine works fine, but my parents are experiencing the exact same problem that you have. They are so frustrated that ready to send it back. Too bad. We even talked to Raleigh in 2nd level supoort and still nothing has been done.

mshacter

Post by mshacter » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:24 am

I experienced the same problem calling to Tucson.

Is someone from Ooma monitoring this forum? As a first step, at a minimum, I would suggest an acknowledgment that there is a problem.

Thanks.

Mike

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:06 am

This kind of issue is hard for me to grasp since mine and umpteen friends/family's ooma never experience it.

Perhaps, this issue is geographical?

Maybe we can invite ntoy, Bobby B, or Dennis P to chime in here to outline the best approach to seek help for these types of issues.

roadshow

Post by roadshow » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:08 pm

lbmofo wrote:This kind of issue is hard for me to grasp since mine and umpteen friends/family's ooma never experience it.

Perhaps, this issue is geographical?

Maybe we can invite ntoy, Bobby B, or Dennis P to chime in here to outline the best approach to seek help for these types of issues.
Okay. They are officially invited.
What do you moderators think is going on?

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Hello,

Do you think you can try calling again?
We made some adjustments to our carrier routes.

We are escalating this to our carrier.

roadshow

Post by roadshow » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:20 pm

I am on hold with OOMA support as I write this. Can't get through to a friends phone number that connects fine on my cell phone. Yes, I rebooted my modem and OOMA within the last 15 minutes.

scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:36 pm

roadshow wrote:I am on hold with OOMA support as I write this. Can't get through to a friends phone number that connects fine on my cell phone. Yes, I rebooted my modem and OOMA within the last 15 minutes.
Don't bother with regular CS at this point. You are working with one of Ooma's top people (ntoy) and posting here to the forums is your best bet. The CSR reps are a level 1 support while ntoy is up much higher.

roadshow

Post by roadshow » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:43 pm

scoutconnor wrote:
roadshow wrote:I am on hold with OOMA support as I write this. Can't get through to a friends phone number that connects fine on my cell phone. Yes, I rebooted my modem and OOMA within the last 15 minutes.
Don't bother with regular CS at this point. You are working with one of Ooma's top people (ntoy) and posting here to the forums is your best bet. The CSR reps are a level 1 support while ntoy is up much higher.
That's great. I have also been told by phone support that they are trying to escalate to level 3, and that they think it's a carrier issue (whatever that means). Anyway, they told me I will be contacted within 24 hours by level 3 support. I will keep you posted on whether that actually happens.

roadshow

Work around to phone numbers that I can't reach.

Post by roadshow » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:17 pm

Work around to phone numbers that I can't reach.
If I dial **0 before I dial a number I am unable to reach. I seem to have a better chance of getting through. It doesn't always work, but seems to increase my chances of connecting. What's going on here? I thought OOMA was suppoesed to be somewhat reliable.