porting issue

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
kpdxham
Re: porting issue

Post by kpdxham » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:14 pm

We had Qwest phone service with DSL. I ordered Comcast high speed internet and connected my Ooma system and made sure it would work the way we wanted it to. Ooma works fine. So, later I had Qwest remove our DSL service since we were not using it. In the mean time I ordered our Qwest landline number port through Ooma. They estimated that it should be done Oct 6th and it was done on the 6th. I phoned Qwest after I knew the number ported and canceled service after we had used them for 19 years....so sad ;) . Then I unplugged the Qwest connection at the junction box on the side of our house. Then plugged-in the phone line that "was" connected to our dsl router. This way our other phones in the house work just as they used to....but at a lower rate. :D

Our final bill from Qwest will "only" going to cost me $200.00 :( plus our regular service charges since I had signed a 2 year contract to get the DSL at a discount for 1 year. BUT, if I had waited until June 2011 when the contract was up we would have payed more!