Can make outgoing calls, but incoming calls don't ring

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ntoy
Re: Can make outgoing calls, but incoming calls don't ring

Post by ntoy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:04 am

Hello speedrx,

Yes, as murphy had assumed, your telo is configured with your Landline.
Do you hear a stutter dialtone when you pick up the phone?-If so, your Landline has voicemail service. Try deleting the messages & try again. I do see you just started your number port.

Other than that, you may want to contact our support center to have them change you to a temporary Ooma number or wait till your number ports over.

scooter

Post by scooter » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:25 am

I am not getting certain calls . They don't ring or show up any where -One particular call from our daughter,who is using vonage never comes thru at all -We can call her, but she gets nothing when dialing our ooma. What could be the problem

speedrx

Post by speedrx » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:52 am

Thanks for the response.

I did not select landline during activation since I was using a digital setup, I assumed that option was for regular AT&T or Bell service conversion.

Do I need to go back in and select landline in addition to the setup you outlined above?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:03 pm

speedrx wrote:Thanks for the response.

I did not select landline during activation since I was using a digital setup, I assumed that option was for regular AT&T or Bell service conversion.

Do I need to go back in and select landline in addition to the setup you outlined above?
ntoy says you are in landline integration mode. Which means that you chose to "use your own number while porting your number to ooma." Is that what you chose? You can call into customer service and change the ooma setup to run standalone with its own number until porting is complete. Standalone mode is optimal with less bugs.

speedrx

Post by speedrx » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:36 pm

Yes, I chose to use my current number while it is being ported when I was on the phone with support but didn't check the landline option during setup.

I will try connecting to the wall outlet to see if I can get an incoming call, otherwise I could change to standalone during this process. Not a great option, giving others a temporary number to call and then switch back but may be worth it in the long run if Ooma turns out to be a good option (ready to lose Comcast high costs!)

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:39 pm

speedrx wrote:Yes, I chose to use my current number while it is being ported when I was on the phone with support but didn't check the landline option during setup.

I will try connecting to the wall outlet to see if I can get an incoming call, otherwise I could change to standalone during this process. Not a great option, giving others a temporary number to call and then switch back but may be worth it in the long run if Ooma turns out to be a good option (ready to lose Comcast high costs!)
In your landline integration mode, your ooma is expecting to get a dialtone from your current provider. So the wall port of ooma needs a dialtone from your comcast box.
In standalone mode, you can forward your comcast # to your temp number (*72 xxx-xxx-xxxx).

speedrx

Post by speedrx » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:22 pm

Great, thanks for the help!