Faxing not working today?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
photonlight
Re: Faxing not working today?

Post by photonlight » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:04 pm

Count me in too. Faxing was working just fine with my Telo up until sometime within the past 2-3 weeks. Now, outbound faxes appear to fail at the "connecting" stage. I use *99, have ECM turned off on my fax machine, and have transmission speed turned down to the slowest possible rate. These settings have worked fine for the past several months up until these recent issues have started.

cheapsk8

Post by cheapsk8 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:29 am

Hi ntoy,

I tested with 2 known good fax numbers.

Last night 1 fax went through and 1 did not.

This morning I retested and both went through.

Thanks for the reply.

Let me know if and when you get a permanent fix.

kc2idf

Post by kc2idf » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Well . . .

You can add me to the list of affected customers. I don't fax often, but tonight had a very frustrating experience trying to get a three-pager out. The last fax I had sent prior was on 10/15; that was a one-pager that went through just fine.

TheDarkKnight

Post by TheDarkKnight » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:37 pm

Also having issues with faxing big time, this is on a Telo with a Brother all-in-one fax/print/scan. Was working fine about 2 weeks ago, now it's very intermittent and outbound faxes fail 90% of the time. Is there a SW issue or an update that occurred recently with Ooma? I am using *99 and have the fax set for the slowest/lowest quality and Voip connections, even tried overseas mode. Nothing is working....

Aubuchon

Post by Aubuchon » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:11 am

They released an automatic firmware update on Oct. 6th for the Telo ( update 41189) which coincides with all the reports of faxing outages. The ability to fax is the only reason I have Ooma. I hate the thought of having to pay my local phone company about $30-$35 per month (after fees and taxes are added) just for basic line but it looks like that might be my only option unless they release an update that fixes this problem. I had such high hopes for Ooma and now it looks like it may be going into to recycle bin. I'm in Phoenix calling area and seeing other posters from NY and other places tells me that it's a nationwide problem and not just " a certain few customers".
Last edited by Aubuchon on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

bluechalk

Post by bluechalk » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:16 am

Same issue here. Outbound faxes have been working perfectly for over a year from my hub. But now they no longer connect. I'm calling from WSCHSTZN07, NY.

TheDarkKnight

Post by TheDarkKnight » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:35 am

Strange that I changed NOTHING, but this AM I have made 2 fax attempts and they both went through on 1st try. Would like some explanation on if they have been messing with SW loads!

Jay521

Post by Jay521 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:53 pm

Once again, I am no longer able to fax outbound. I have been through all the settings, rebooted my cable modem, Ooma Telo and my router all at the same time and individually, many times. I have switched my Ooma device so it's before the router and plugged directly into my cable modem. I tried using *99. I checked and rechecked my fax machine settings as well. This is an Ooma problem. The fax hangs up right after the initial fax handshake and then gives a fresh dial tone. This happened a month ago and then started to work again. Now it stopped. Ooma, please address this problem and implement a fix once and for all.

superbengoshi

Post by superbengoshi » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Aren't these boards monitored by OOMA. If so, can we get an update on what is a CRITICAL problem for OOMA users. If these boards are not monitored, then that speaks volumes to OOMA's comitment to customer service and support. Sadly, what was once a great service which I whole heartedly recomended to family friends, and even influcenced people to purchase, has now become too inconsistent to recomend. You stink, OOMA !!

TheDarkKnight

Post by TheDarkKnight » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Faxing outbound broken again...I even have a VLAN for Ooma set up now, so it's not a BW issue and I am directly connected. Can OOMA please provide any updates or other users please post if you are having issues. :?