Outgoing caller ID shows "Uknown"

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
nn5i
Re: Outgoing caller ID shows "Uknown"

Post by nn5i » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:50 am

southsound wrote:
nn5i wrote:I've seen unknown, but I've never seen uknown. ;)
The term is often used for the name of a person, place, thing, quality, or action in Great Britain. :P
What about Northern Ireland? That's in the UK but not in Great Britain. I suppose that means it's in the UKconjunction.

rcwillis

Post by rcwillis » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:54 am

I'm also having a problem when I place a call to someone with caller privacy. I set up a code with my mother but it is a real pain!!!! This needs to get fixed. Customer support has not responded since I placed a call 3 weeks ago.

rcwillis

Post by rcwillis » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:21 pm

I unplugged the power (I have it on a UPS) to my hub for 60 seconds and then plugged the power back in. It must have done some sort of update because now I can place calls to people who have Bellsouth's privacy director enabled. Called ID shows up as my name when they receive my calls.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:53 pm

Hello rcwillis,

Thanks for the feedback!
Looks like the hard reboot allowed the update to go through.

diddlydoo

Post by diddlydoo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:49 pm

I've got this problem too w/caller ID. I've never had my name show up since I've had ooma for over 6 months.

I called tech support and they said they would look into it and they e-mailed me saying they were but I never got another response.