Telo: red light daily

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Takafoomi
Re: Telo: red light daily

Post by Takafoomi » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:45 am

ntoy wrote:Hello David,

The last log I show is 10/20.

Have you tried using built in mac?

Connect a pc/laptop to Telo HOME port.
Go to http://setup.ooma.com or http://172.27.35.1
Click on Network settings page, and on the 'MODEM Port MAC Address' section change Telo to use it built-in MAC address. Then click 'update'

Power off ALL devices & boot in sequence.

For example: Modem>Router>telo config
With all devices power off, boot:

1. Modem - power on & allow a few minutes for it to come online
2. Router - power on & allow a few minutes for it to come online
3. telo - power on & allow some extra time.
I will try this today and let you know how it goes! I do not recall changing this setting. Thank you. Stay tuned!

Takafoomi

Post by Takafoomi » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:07 am

The last log I show is 10/20.

Have you tried using built in mac?

Connect a pc/laptop to Telo HOME port.
Go to http://setup.ooma.com or http://172.27.35.1
Click on Network settings page, and on the 'MODEM Port MAC Address' section change Telo to use it built-in MAC address. Then click 'update'

Power off ALL devices & boot in sequence.

For example: Modem>Router>telo config
With all devices power off, boot:

1. Modem - power on & allow a few minutes for it to come online
2. Router - power on & allow a few minutes for it to come online
3. telo - power on & allow some extra time.
*** OK, I finally got around to doing this in the AM. The unit was blinking red for me this AM before the update as suggested above and a few times over the weekend. I'm crossing my fingers!

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:16 am

Hello David,

Your telo appears to be happy now?

Takafoomi

Post by Takafoomi » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:31 pm

I have to wait until the AM to know for sure.. I'm crossing my fingers!

rodak

Post by rodak » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:01 am

I'm noticing this too. I don't know how frequent it is or how long it lasts (we don't get or make a lot of phone calls, and the Telo is downstairs where it doesn't get noticed, so it could be down for a while and we wouldn't know).

My Ooma is already set to use the built-in MAC, and I have mine connected modem--->Telo--->Router. It was blinking red this morning, Internet from the computer was working fine.

I'm thinking about getting a laptop with wireshark and a dumb hub and see what's going on - has anyone done that?

Takafoomi

Post by Takafoomi » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:36 am

Your telo appears to be happy now?
Unfortunately, this AM the device failed again and the red light was blinking for me.

Spiky

Post by Spiky » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 am

Started up again for me, too. It crapped out the network/internet connection Monday night, right in the middle of usage, had to reset. And now both yesterday and today, mid-morning each day, the phone crapped out. I can tell because I have Forwarding set to send calls to my cell if there is an outage, so when I call home, my pocket rings. And I look at it walking through each morning, and when I leave it has been blue.

So I had over a week of solid up-time, now back to bad. And in case people don't scroll up, I set MAC to built-in before starting this thread.

I'll check tonight to make sure the settings didn't get reset, too.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:22 am

Hello Spiky,

Looks like the push updates did not complete successfully. I made a manual push & it looks like it was successful.
Perhaps you can check tonight & keep an eye on it.

Thx

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:37 am

Hello Takafoomi,

The log file is displaying failure to connect to the vpn tunnel. Possibly, there is some firewall/security or port blocking preventing your telo from working. If you have Modem>Router>Telo - see if your firewall is enabled on the router. Another option maybe to try at another location to further isolate.

Takafoomi

Post by Takafoomi » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:47 pm

I haven't changed my router configuration since installing the Telo, but I can double check when I'm back home. I'd be very surprised if a firewall was enabled, as the only firewall I use would be on the PC's on my network (wired and wireless).

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I've also notice a degradation in the voice quality as well over the past few weeks. Tonite when I was talking with my wife the conversation was very 'choppy' in that I wouldn't hear her for 5 - 10 second clips, or I wouldn't hear her and she wouldn't hear me as the voice would break up.

Is there anything else I should check?