Handsets seem to lose sync with Telo while idle

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Bill_B
Re: Handsets seem to lose sync with Telo while idle

Post by Bill_B » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:46 pm

KEM wrote:The new firmware update lists a fix for this issue. I'm anxiously awaiting it to be installed on my Telo system.

- KEM
Yeah, that's what I hope, too. However, when I came home tonight and did my daily ritual to wake up the #3 handset, it was already showing that the handset update had failed. I tried to have it retry the update, and the first time it took a few minutes to download, then came back with the same failure message. Upon further attempts, it doesn't show any download progress, it just waits a few seconds and shows the failure message.

:(
Premier Service Level
Customer Since: 10/2010
Service/Hardware: Telo with 3 Handsets
AT&T Port: 9/1/10 - 10/08/10
Internet: Roadrunner 15 Mb / 1 Mb
Setup: Motorla SB5101 -> Zyxel USG20 -> Telo

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Bill_B wrote:
KEM wrote:The new firmware update lists a fix for this issue. I'm anxiously awaiting it to be installed on my Telo system.

- KEM
Yeah, that's what I hope, too. However, when I came home tonight and did my daily ritual to wake up the #3 handset, it was already showing that the handset update had failed. I tried to have it retry the update, and the first time it took a few minutes to download, then came back with the same failure message. Upon further attempts, it doesn't show any download progress, it just waits a few seconds and shows the failure message.

:(
I wonder if the factory Telo Hanset reset would help?

To reset the ooma hand set.
1. Turn off the HS by press & hold the End/Red button
2. Press & hold the two keys: Left soft key and '0' (zero) key
3. Turn on the HS by press the End/Red key
4. Let go the keys in step 2.
The HS will goes into auto registration mode, so you may have to re-registor the handset to the Ooma Telo.

If this don't work, call customer service and report problem.

Bill_B

Post by Bill_B » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:01 am

Tried the factory handset reset, and re-registered them all with similar results. I have an email into support to see if they can shed some light. In the meantime, for others...

After resetting and re-registering the handsets, old #3 is now new #1, and it behaves properly. However, when I try to perform a handset SW update, it continuously indicates an update is already in progress. I've tried to do a factory reset to it several times and it still thinks its performing an update.

Old #1 is now new #2 - it actually behaves fine and believes it has the latest SQ update available.

Old #1 is now new #3 - #3 STILL loses sync, though, it seems that it is easier to "wake up" than before. Usually I had to push buttons on #3 several times to wake it up, now I only have to push once or twice. New #3 continuously fails the SW update, however. Perhaps that is part of its problem?
Premier Service Level
Customer Since: 10/2010
Service/Hardware: Telo with 3 Handsets
AT&T Port: 9/1/10 - 10/08/10
Internet: Roadrunner 15 Mb / 1 Mb
Setup: Motorla SB5101 -> Zyxel USG20 -> Telo