When calling into my Ooma line - callers hear no ring

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
hfgfrpm
Re: When calling into my Ooma line - callers hear no ring

Post by hfgfrpm » Thu May 21, 2009 5:48 pm

518 area code as well, and see this problem at times. it sure can be annoying as not all my callers are patient enough or understanding enough to wait for an answer/VM.

dealing with a new problem today, where i cant receive inbound calls AT ALL... GGRRRRRR!

jmassimilla

Post by jmassimilla » Fri May 22, 2009 3:25 am

Another poster was having the exact same problem with a number in the 518 area code yesterday, no inbound calls. Sounds like a partner issue. You should put a call into CS.
Customer since Feb 2009
2 Hub/Scout
1 Telo/Handset
Lifetime Premier Subscriber

NavyMustang

Post by NavyMustang » Fri May 22, 2009 5:47 am

hfgfrpm wrote:518 area code as well, and see this problem at times. it sure can be annoying as not all my callers are patient enough or understanding enough to wait for an answer/VM.

dealing with a new problem today, where i cant receive inbound calls AT ALL... GGRRRRRR!

I am not able to receive inbound calls on my 518 number this morning as well. I am able to get through just fine on my out-of-area number. though.

I spoke to a very nice customer service agent yesterday about callers not hearing ringback and she has opened a trouble ticket for it and "sent it to engineering". I provided the link to this thread so hopefully they will see that it's not just me having the issue.

Mike

OomaParadox

Post by OomaParadox » Fri May 22, 2009 8:36 am

Unfortunately, I have gone thru customer service (11054-18045, Josh Harwood). I received a few emails from them and I have responded to them several times, but I have not received any feedback since 11 March 2009. I still have the problem and although I haven't done exact testing, it appears that about half the calls I make don't get a ring tone when I do randomly test the system. I email the tech today to see if my trouble ticket is still open & if anyone is still looking into my complaint. Very frustrating since we can't return the system for a refund & we may have to revert to our old landline.

ron

hfgfrpm

Post by hfgfrpm » Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 pm

my inbound call problem was fixed this morning, after calling ooma tech.

right now, it seems as though no inbound callers are getting the ringback tone, although i can only test within 518 area code.

i will call in and report this specific problem, since i only mentioned the inbound calling issue before.

hfgfrpm

Post by hfgfrpm » Fri May 22, 2009 1:07 pm

reported no ringback issue - case #10446.

refer to this if you have similar problems

Neubiee

Post by Neubiee » Fri May 22, 2009 6:52 pm

Same problem here for the last 2-3 days!

NavyMustang

Post by NavyMustang » Sat May 23, 2009 2:07 am

hfgfrpm wrote:reported no ringback issue - case #10446.

refer to this if you have similar problems
I have also reported my findings to ooma and they have indicated that their engineering team is working on the problem. If others see issues with not hearing ringback, please contact customer service and let them know. They may want you to submit exact dates and times of each call in which you didn't hear ringback.

If you're wondering if you are having this problem, grab a cell phone and stand next to your ooma. Call your ooma number from your cell phone. If you hear the ooma phone ringing but do NOT hear indication through your cell phone that the call is going through, then you are having the issue as well. You may need to try several times as it seems to be only affecting roughly 50% of the calls. If you're not hearing the ringbback, wait for ooma voicemail to answer and note the time. Make a record of a few calls (that didn't have ringback) from your lounge call log, including the duration of the call, and have that ready for customer service when you call.

Mike

hfgfrpm

Post by hfgfrpm » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:45 pm

thought i would follow up to my prior issues... over the past 2 weeks or so, the problem has seemed to go away. not sure if it was something ooma or verizon was responsible for, but it is no longer an issue.

RickO

Post by RickO » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:35 am

I've recently had my number changed because of an outgoing CID issue. Since the number change, everyone who calls me, (with the exception of calls from another ooma or magic jack number, & possible callers from outside my area code), cannot hear any ringback on their phone. I was wondering if anyone has had this experience and has gotten it resolved. Any input would be appreciated. By the way, my hub has the latest firmware update, (24912.24912).