Wherefore art thou Ooma?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
realitychick
Wherefore art thou Ooma?

Post by realitychick » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Aside from a few "retweets", the last tweet made by @Ooma on Twitter was on August 22, 2012.

The last @Ooma_Status tweet of any kind on Twitter was on August 6th.

The last posting on the Ooma blog was on April 17, 2012.

There has been "some" recent activity by Ooma on their Facebook page, mostly positive customer quotes.

But NOWHERE does Ooma give any indication of when we can expect to purchase the new and improved HANDSET. I've been paying for Premier service for months but it's pretty useless without the handset.

OOMA? Wherefore art thou and where the hell's the new handset?

lbmofo

Re: Wherefore art thou Ooma?

Post by lbmofo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:10 pm

Inching closer every day. Unless plans change, before 12/21/12 (winter starts).
Bobby B wrote:There's no change in the release plans - we're still targeting to release the HD2 handset this Fall.

GMOOMA

Post by GMOOMA » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:15 am

lbmofo wrote:Inching closer every day. Unless plans change, before 12/21/12 (winter starts).
Bobby B wrote:There's no change in the release plans - we're still targeting to release the HD2 handset this Fall.
~9 weeks left offically in Fall.. So maybe a Black Friday low price release?!? (fingers crossed)

HikernMass

Post by HikernMass » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:32 pm

I certainly agree with your comment.
I have Premier and very happy with it at this time, with the features. However, I may drop Premier unless they get the new hand set out. My Premier expires shortly.
I am paying for Premier to use a second line and I can not because of the new hand set not being released. I know the old hand set is out there, but............. lets face it,it is not worth the purchase based on all the complaints

Cyberchat

Post by Cyberchat » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:34 pm

HikernMass wrote:I certainly agree with your comment.
I have Premier and very happy with it at this time, with the features. However, I may drop Premier unless they get the new hand set out. My Premier expires shortly.
I am paying for Premier to use a second line and I can not because of the new hand set not being released. I know the old hand set is out there, but............. lets face it,it is not worth the purchase based on all the complaints
The OOMA original handset did and continues to work fine for me. I believe the main complaint had to do with the battery life of the original battery which came with the handset. The forum members solved this issue by sharing links to order replacement batteries which are available at reasonable costs. Here's a link to another forum thread for anyone who is interested.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12695&start=10#p95278
First year: Modem-->OomaTelo-->Router
Now: Modem-->Router-->OomaTelo
Ooma Premier, two phone numbers
Ooma Handset
AT&T DECT-6.0 two-line base with four remotes & headset

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:53 am