Not my voicemail messages!! Yikes!!

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
oostburg
Not my voicemail messages!! Yikes!!

Post by oostburg » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:23 pm

I just listened to my Telo voicemail. I had one message that I deleted while listening, then 14 messages from OTHER people played on MY Telo!! I heard messages from bill collectors, stock brokers, doctors (asking for urine specimens) among others. My concern is obviously a privacy issue. I do not want other people listening to MY messages!!! I am very upset!!

lbmofo

Re: Not my voicemail messages!! Yikes!!

Post by lbmofo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Do you still have them in your inbox when you play them? What about when you login to my.ooma.com?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:03 pm

What version of firmware do you have?

Check for the version of Ooma Telo firmware that you have by Dialing *#*#001 with a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port. The firmware version audio comes out of your Ooma Telo Speaker after dialing *#*#001 in one of your phones.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:21 pm

Similar situation that happened with explanation: viewtopic.php?t=5153

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Yes, but you sounded like they are not 'your' messages but perhaps just junk messages? Is it simply calls that you might want to put on a blacklist and not receive anymore?

Donna

oostburg

Post by oostburg » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:16 am

I have software 60080. These messages did not appear in my my.oom.com, nor do they still play when I press play button. They only played after I was listening to MY messages. Since they did not call through to my number, blacklisting will not do anything. Again, they were not calls to MY number. The Ooma servers simply allowed ME to hear OTHER subscriber's saved voicemails. If this is happening in reverse, that other people are listening to MY voicemails, I have a real problem with that.