HD2 Handset or Linx Device Ooma Telo Firmwire?

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
thunderbird
HD2 Handset or Linx Device Ooma Telo Firmwire?

Post by thunderbird » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:26 am

Any one that has received the new HD2 handset(s) or the new Linx Device(s), please report the version Ooma Tele firmware that you are using in this thread.

Finding out what the current version of firmware that is installed on your Ooma Telo can be done in these ways:
1. Check for the version of Ooma Telo firmware that you have by Dialing *#*#001 in a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port. The firmware version audio comes out of your Ooma Telo Speaker after dialing *#*#001 in one of your phones.

2. If you have a HD2 handset, press the Menu button. Then press the Navigation Pad bar to select the "About handset" information (round circle i) icon. Then press the Select button located in the center of the Navigation Pad. The Ooma Telo firmware version is the numbers following the words "Base version:"

3. Check for the version of Ooma Telo firmware that you have by:
a. If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. The firmware version is shown in the upper right hand corner of the window that opens.
b. If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma or Modem/router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. The firmware version is shown in the upper right hand corner of the window that opens.

kruegs

Re: HD2 Handset or Linx Device Ooma Telo Firmwire?

Post by kruegs » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:49 pm

New HD2 here. Just installed it tonight. Firmware is Version: 62782

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:19 pm

kruegs wrote:New HD2 here. Just installed it tonight. Firmware is Version: 62782
Thanks.

Please let the forum know if you have any problems. It will be very helpful to others.

kruegs

Post by kruegs » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:21 pm

Absolutely... I will mention that right after I registered my new HD2, it downloaded the new firmware and rebooted. I honestly haven't made any calls with it yet, but anticipate using it a bit this weekend for sure.

TheObstacle

Post by TheObstacle » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Just got my HD2 handsets today, and I'm also at version 62782.

I'm having trouble getting the HD2 handsets to register. When I first tried to pair the handsets, I got the message on the handset screen about dialing *#*#302 from a phone connected to the Telo. I've done that several times (each time the Telo took several minutes to reboot), but the handsets just keep showing the same message when I try to register them.

The "DECT Settings" page on the Telo's configuration web page shows this:
Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 10.52.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 10.52.48 PM.png (71.76KiB)Viewed 5646 times
If I select the HD2 mode and click "Change Mode", it gives me this warning:

-----
You have selected to change your registration mode to support Ooma HD2 Handsets and Ooma Linx devices

Changing the registration mode will restart your Ooma base unit. Any calls in progress will be dropped. Do you wish to continue?
-----

Agreeing to this reboots the Telo, but when it comes back up the settings are still the same. :x

I tried the Ooma online support chat, but all they were able to tell me was that I should call the tech support line during business hours. I'll try that tomorrow morning.

TheObstacle

Post by TheObstacle » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:19 pm

Gah! and OF COURSE, just after I went and posted this, the mode seems to have switched and the handsets are now registered and upgrading firmware.

Move along, nothing to see here... :cool:

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:24 am

TheObstacle wrote:Gah! and OF COURSE, just after I went and posted this, the mode seems to have switched and the handsets are now registered and upgrading firmware.

Move along, nothing to see here... :cool:
Yes, the Brower has to be refreshed after a change is made in this page to see the accurate information.