Attempting to Connect to the Ooma network.. in UAE Dubai

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
amaya4cars
Attempting to Connect to the Ooma network.. in UAE Dubai

Post by amaya4cars » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:16 am

Ooma not connecting - Attempting to Connect to the Ooma network in Dubai ( UAE )
Need help connecting, other Ooma users are connected but not sharing configurations settings. I tried to do a factory reset of the system but it did not work. There may be a firewall can someone please advise me how to work around the firewall?
Last edited by amaya4cars on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lbmofo

Re: Attempting to Connect to the Ooma network.. in UAE Dubai

Post by lbmofo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:22 am

First thing to try is to power off everything on your network, start from modem, turn it on 1 by 1, if router is next, then router before powering on Ooma.

amaya4cars

Post by amaya4cars » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:54 am

No Luck...!! already called Ooma Support and have an open ticket #120920-000134....Please someone " Help "

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:07 am

amaya4cars wrote:No Luck...!! already called Ooma Support and have an open ticket #120920-000134....Please someone " Help "
Ooma Quote: Ooma is engineered for great voice quality but you will need a high-speed Internet connection equivalent to at least a typical DSL connection with 384 kbps upstream and downstream.

First run Speed Test http://www.speedtest.net/ and make sure that you have at least 384 kbps upload and download Internet speeds.

You can also go to http://ca.ooma.com/help-me and click on the Test Your Speed tab and run that test.

Next if you have enough Internet speed, you probably are using a DSL PPPoE Internet connection.
If so obtain the PPPoE name and address for entry into Ooma Setup and do the following procedure below.

Connect at least temporarily Modem-Ooma-Computer.
Temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, following the words Connection type: click on the down arrow and select PPPoE. Below that fill in the Name and Password in PPPoE Options:
Click on the Update Device button below.
Remove power from the Modem, Ooma Telo, and Computer. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo. When the Ooma Telo is done booting, repower the Computer. If every thing works okay, if you have a router, connect it to the Home port of the Ooma Telo.

amaya4cars

Post by amaya4cars » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Tried all of the above, still not luck.....

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:34 pm

amaya4cars wrote:other Ooma users are connected but not sharing configurations settings.
You mean you know of other Ooma users around you connected okay? Try signing up to the same Internet service provider or bring your Ooma to their home and try it.

amaya4cars

Post by amaya4cars » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:59 pm

Still not connecting , and Other users not sharing configuration or settings, so can't use it from there home..

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:42 pm

"Other users" what are they doing to make Ooma work? Do they have different internet service provider? Do they do something to their internet modem or router? How do you know that theirs' work but yet they don't want to help you?

amaya4cars

Post by amaya4cars » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:45 pm

If I knew what Other Ooma users are doing then I wouldn't be posting and asking for help here...!! there is only one ISP in this area which is Etisalaat, it is illegal to use VOIP service and due to that no one shares the configuration or settings... I know in deed that theirs work because I have made a phone call from there place and the dial tone was Ooma's tone.