the number you have dialed is unallocated - No Incoming Call

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
thunderbird
Re: the number you have dialed is unallocated - No Incoming Call

Post by thunderbird » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:27 am

autoxer wrote:I am in 619 area code and the "un-allocated" problem hit me this morning. Please resolve guys. Mom just checked into the hospital last night (89 yrs old) and this is not good timing to say the least.
Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

wendywarde

Post by wendywarde » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:21 pm

I have a 505 area code Ooma number and I am unable to call it from my Verizon cell phone. The problem is not with Verizon, though Ooma keeps claiming that it is. I spoke with Verizon and several of their operators called my Ooma number with no problem from their cell phones. What is really going on? One post says Ooma fixed their "unallocated number" problem, why can't they do it for all their customers? :(

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:23 am

wendywarde wrote:I have a 505 area code Ooma number and I am unable to call it from my Verizon cell phone. The problem is not with Verizon, though Ooma keeps claiming that it is. I spoke with Verizon and several of their operators called my Ooma number with no problem from their cell phones. What is really going on? One post says Ooma fixed their "unallocated number" problem, why can't they do it for all their customers? :(
The "unallocated number" problem is alway an indiviual phone number problem.

Usually some where there is a data base that has you Ooma phone number incorrectly entered or not entered at all.

Usually the data base problem is with the phone company where the phone call is coming from. In this case it would be Verizon.

But in your case, you say that all others that call your Ooma Telo phone number from Verizon cell phones can get through. This is a little strange?

When you dial the Ooma number with your Verizon cell phone, do you try calling with the complete Ooma phone number?
Example: 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:55 am

wendywarde wrote:I have a 505 area code Ooma number and I am unable to call it from my Verizon cell phone. The problem is not with Verizon, though Ooma keeps claiming that it is. I spoke with Verizon and several of their operators called my Ooma number with no problem from their cell phones. What is really going on? One post says Ooma fixed their "unallocated number" problem, why can't they do it for all their customers? :(
I'd ask Verizon to fix the problem "why can't your cell phone reach the number while these reps can." These reps' cell phones could be out of different regions of Verizon wireless where their routing is done differently than your cell phone. This problem is with calling party service provider's problem and not Ooma's. Chances are, Verizon cell phone users near you can't reach your Ooma number either.