cannot make the call

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
mengbo
cannot make the call

Post by mengbo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:45 am

have used ooma telo for 2 months. 2 days ago, the telo suddenly stopped working.
the logo is blinking red and volumn/brightness adjustment, page, 1, 2 are all blue.

tried to reboot the telo by unplugging the power. same problem.

i can access my.ooma.com

what should i do?

lbmofo

Re: cannot make the call

Post by lbmofo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:54 am

First thing to try. Turn off everything... modem (if modem has battries, take those out too), router, ooma.

Turn things on 1 at a time. Modem first, wait until it comes online. Then turn on Ooma or router, whatever is connected to the modem. Wait until online then next device.

thunderbird

Re: cannot make the call

Post by thunderbird » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:55 am

mengbo wrote:have used ooma telo for 2 months. 2 days ago, the telo suddenly stopped working.
the logo is blinking red and volumn/brightness adjustment, page, 1, 2 are all blue.

tried to reboot the telo by unplugging the power. same problem.

i can access my.ooma.com

what should i do?
When the Ooma Telo has a firmware update, the Ooma Symbol will flash Red until the firmware update is completed.

But if the Ooma Symbol flashes red for hours, try this:

Factory Reset Ooma Telo - Old Alternate Manual Procedure
1. Remove power from the Ooma Telo.
2. Repower the Ooma Telo.
3. Line 1 & Line 2 lights come on.
4. Line 1 & Line 2 lights go out and the Trash and Envelope lights come on for a very short period of time.
5. The Trash & Envelope lights go out and the bottom row (runway lights) starts scanning to the right.
6. When the scanning stops, the Ooma symbol will began flashing Red.
7. Press the Trash button, then the bottom row Stop button (small square button).
8. Hold both the Trash and Stop buttons pressed until told to release.
9. The Ooma symbol will alternately blink Red and Blue.
10. The Ooma symbol will turn solid Red.
11. Release the Stop and Trash buttons.
12. Wait for a short period of time. The Ooma Telo will cycle back into a reboot.
13. After a successful Factory Reset, all Ooma Setup settings will be Factory.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You may want to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle. Ooma Telo handsets will have to be re-registered.