Having problem after initial setup

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
girimurthy
Having problem after initial setup

Post by girimurthy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:43 pm

I just got the ooma device. I activated the device first and then connected as per instructions. The ooma tab is Blue right now and I get the ooma dial tone too. But I am not able to make or recieve any calls.

I was not able to do the last part "Setting up BAM" step. When I press the Play button it asks for my number and when I enter it, it says I can install using the primary line only even though this is the primary line.

Also do I have to connect the Hub to the wall even if I do not use any landline??? The moment I remove that wall connection the Ooma tab becomes Red.

mcox

Re: Having problem after initial setup

Post by mcox » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:05 pm

Me too. I followed the instructions to the letter. I can receive calls, but outgoing calls receive the busy tone. Also, can not set up BAM. The message "Enter your area code and phone number followed by the # sign..." After doing so, the message "I'm sorry, you must use the primary phone number...." and says "good-bye".

girimurthy

Re: Having problem after initial setup

Post by girimurthy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:44 am

MCOX. I think when you select a new number it takes sometime for them to assign it. After it did not work last night I just left it and went to sleep and everything was working in the morning.

The BVM setup yesterday gave me the same message as yours. But today morning it worked just fine.

So try again today and it should be working fine.