Fast Busy Signal when Calling out

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
I_Ooma_2
Re: Fast Busy Signal when Calling out

Post by I_Ooma_2 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:40 am

After some careful research I decided on an Asus RT-N66U router and flashed "Tomato Shibby" on it for more features and advanced QoS control. So far I'm pretty happy with it but I may do some tweaking over the next week or two.

These are the PhonePower results, and at least I don't have packet loss anymore.

Download Speed: 21278 kbps
Upload Speed: 5729 kbps
Download Consistency of Service 81%
Upload Consistency of Service 98%
Maximum TCP Delay 62 ms
Jitter you server 0.4 ms
Jitter server you 3.4 ms
Packet loss: you server 0.0%
Packet loss: server you 0.0%
Packet discards 0.0%
Packets out of order 0.0%
Estimated MOS score 4.2

Only time will tell whether or not my occasional missed calls or fast busy issues happen again.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:03 am

I_Ooma_2:
Are you still getting the fast busy signal?

I_Ooma_2

Post by I_Ooma_2 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:03 am

thunderbird wrote:Are you still getting the fast busy signal?
It's too early to say. It didn't happen all the time before, and same thing with the occasional missed calls that never ring. I think the only way to safely assume it is fixed would be to wait at least a few weeks or so and see if it happens again.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:00 pm

lbmofo wrote:Sounds to me like your VPN tunnel is not staying up constantly (connection between Ooma device and Ooma central is being disconnected periodically) and/or Ooma device flat out loses internet periodically.

Example, my router is not stable in that when I have 3 VPN tunnels going at the same time, it goes partially belly up after a while. It runs okay for a few days but it drops VPN/internet for certain devices where I need to reboot my router every few days.
I no longer have to reboot my router every few days. I restored my router to factory default, redefined DHCP reservations and QoS. That solved my "having to reboot" problem.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu May 23, 2013 10:30 pm

Well, my router is still not good on wifi side. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15121&start=20#p110058
LAN ports are okay now.

I_Ooma_2

Post by I_Ooma_2 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:08 am

I_Ooma_2 wrote:
thunderbird wrote:Are you still getting the fast busy signal?
It's too early to say. It didn't happen all the time before, and same thing with the occasional missed calls that never ring. I think the only way to safely assume it is fixed would be to wait at least a few weeks or so and see if it happens again.
I had a topic reply notification on this thread and figured I'd post an update...

Since upgrading to the new router (running Tomato Shibby), I have not had any issues at all. It would seem that the problem was indeed my aging router. :D