Whitelist ... please

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
OneCustomerOfMany
Whitelist ... please

Post by OneCustomerOfMany » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:59 am

I know this has been requested already in this forum, but I wish to add another voice pleading for a whitelist feature. This would be incredibly useful to many customers and although I don't know the infrastructure of your call-handling systems, it seems like it should be relatively easy to implement. This would completely change how I view my home phone - no longer just a nuisance to be tolerated. This would be a huge selling feature for your system.

The blacklist is nice but there are just too many new or changing telemarketing numbers to let it serve its purpose well.

Let us specify different handling or message options for each of the these 4 types of calls: anonymous, blacklisted, whitelisted, and all others. This way, a non-blacklisted call that also isn't whitelisted can get a helpful, friendly message ("sorry, I don't know you so you'll have to leave a message"). That is all I need. Some customers might want pattern-matching in their lists, to match specific area codes, but don't let any complexity like that prevent you from getting a basic system in place.

Please, give us whitelist. Or explain why you won't or can't. Talk to us. This would not only improve the quality of your service it would actually improve the quality of your customers' lives. Think about that! ;)

Although I hate to admit this, I would probably pay extra for this feature - maybe $10/year, maybe more. But please don't do that - at worst, make it part of the premier subscription.

Thanks for considering this. Please give us some feedback if you are already working on this feature.

Tkl

Re: Whitelist ... please

Post by Tkl » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:36 pm

I concur; whitelist integrated with address book would be great feature for the premier subscription. Do not call list do not help, blacklist helps a little but there are still a few new spammers every day.

OneCustomerOfMany

Post by OneCustomerOfMany » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:34 am

Has anyone ever heard any kind of response or statement from Ooma about whitelists? Are they considering it? Are they already working on it? Do they ever respond here to requests?

This is a huge feature that would sell devices. Is there some technical or legal reason they won't do it? (I just got 3 different calls from different numbers: "Member services" or some variation. Guess what - they were credit card telemarketing. Suprise!)

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:25 am

Bobby B wrote:There are many open requests for blacklist enhancements, including:

- Wildcarding for blacklists
- Blacklisted calls appearing in the call logs
- Whitelisting callers that appear on the contact list
- Provide option to blacklist all invalid US numbers

Unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe on when we'll see the above features implemented.

tjfoth

Post by tjfoth » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Let me second, third, and fourth my support for whitelists. I started to make a blacklist, but the spammers are rotating numbers so quickly that I can't keep up with them.

This is especially true in the campaign season.

I was surprised to find out there wasn't a whitelist option when I just went to look.

The number of spam calls I am getting in a day is so high now that I'm ready to drop my Ooma service.

I wonder if the traditional landline carriers have higher quality spam blocking. My sense is that simple analytics could detect these patterns.

Re: Whitelist ... please !

Post by 7732379778 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:58 pm

(11-2012)
HELLO OOMA !
Don t let someone else start listen too their customers and do what they suggest
and then you start loosing customers? :idea:
This is how I ended up with your services, my phone Co. DID NOT listen to me
and I left them and will NEVER go back! WHITELIST with options ?
I WILL ALWAYS LOOK for BETTER. :D

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:41 am

Call Customer Service and have them change your forum user ID to something other than your phone number.
This is a public forum and you have effectively published your phone number on the internet.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

lbmofo

Re: Whitelist ... please !

Post by lbmofo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:09 am

Ooma is your best option right now. Will be the only option in town when they make the requested enhancements.

/viewtopic.php?t=14774#p103431

JNeptune

Post by JNeptune » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:12 pm

PLEASE add a Whitelist feature!!!!

poolshark333

Post by poolshark333 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:23 am

Whitelist please