Diagnose loss of connection?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
randyw57
Diagnose loss of connection?

Post by randyw57 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Is there a way I can diagnose what is causing my Telo to start flashing the icon red?
I recently ported a landline number to this Telo.
I also started using the Telo with the wireless adapter.
My suspicion is that it is the wireless adapter that is related to my outages.

The Telo connects wirelessly to an Apple Airport Express.
The Airport Express is connected by Ethernet to my Charter cable modem.
I've got a 30/4 service from charter. My other wireless devices all seem to be working fine.

I have a laptop connected to the Telo via Ethernet to the Home Network Port.
And I can access setup.ooma.com. I think what I'm looking for is some logs or something that
will help me isolate the error that is causing the system to fail.
I'm also wondering why it isn't recovering. I have been doing a power off/on to restart.

Thanks for any help or advice!

lbmofo

Re: Diagnose loss of connection?

Post by lbmofo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:30 pm

There isn't anything in setup.ooma.com for you to see what's going on as far as periodic loss of connection.

I think the best approach maybe for you to restore factory default on the Airport Express and start over on configuration. This may help. My Telo used to lose connection after a few days and the only way to get it online again was to power cycle the router but I've fixed that by starting over on my router configuration: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13773&start=20#p103326

Further, (I do not know if this is possible with Apple routers) try to improve your router wifi performance; in your router's wireless network setup section, turn off channel bonding (20 MHz only) and select a different channel setting other than "auto" (1 or 11). viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13736&start=10#p95659