My Phone Rings for Local Calls But Not Long Distance Ones

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
midlothian10
My Phone Rings for Local Calls But Not Long Distance Ones

Post by midlothian10 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:37 am

Hi, there.

I'm new to Ooma and not all that tech-savvy so there's probably an easy solution to my problem.

I had Vonage and was using a Verizon modem with no problem. My Ooma set up easily and I can make calls to local and long distance numbers with no problems. My issue is that my phone will ring for incoming local calls only but not incoming long distance ones. My family out of state indicates the phone will ring and ring and then they get my voice mail. The long distance calls do show up on my online account with Ooma, so I'm not sure what is going on.

I've rebooted three times and the envelope is blue on my unit.

Any suggestions?

lbmofo

Re: My Phone Rings for Local Calls But Not Long Distance Ones

Post by lbmofo » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:47 am

There shouldn't be any difference between long distance and local incoming calls. Maybe you lost internet access temporarily causing your Ooma not to ring your phone. Try to have someone from out of state call you some more and see. One thing to look out for is whether they actually get to your voicemail. Maybe their carrier has wrong routing to your number where it is going into some never never land.