Whitelist ... please

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Tom
Ooma Moderator
Re: Whitelist ... please

Post by Tom » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:35 pm

This is actively being worked on.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Tom B wrote:This is actively being worked on.
This is great news.

Tom, can you speak to some other items as well or?
Bobby B wrote:There are many open requests for blacklist enhancements, including:

- Wildcarding for blacklists
- Blacklisted calls appearing in the call logs
- Whitelisting callers that appear on the contact list
- Provide option to blacklist all invalid US numbers

Unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe on when we'll see the above features implemented.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:03 pm

wildcarding for blacklists is included

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Tom B wrote:wildcarding for blacklists is included
This would be a game changer for Ooma.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:13 am

Tom, again, great news....but wanted to make sure this registers regarding Blacklist enhancements with the product dev guys.

In addition to what Bobby mentioned below,
Bobby B wrote:There are many open requests for blacklist enhancements, including:

Unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe on when we'll see the above features implemented.
There are a couple of additional items that are very important to the enhancement requesters.

1) Blacklist Stats/hit counter.
Bobby B wrote:For (2)-(4) - We have been planning to gather and show blacklist statistics after we implement some architectural changes to the call flow. Unfortunately, these changes aren't trivial and I can't say when we'll have these statistics available.
2) Blacklist entry level treatment option.
scots wrote:One way I'd like to see the Blacklist evolve is to have the ability to assign what happens to the call on a per number basis rather than applying the same setting to the entire Blacklist as a whole.

OneCustomerOfMany

Post by OneCustomerOfMany » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:53 pm

That is excellent news. If ooma gives me good (or even just decent) whitelisting support, I will be a happy customer. And even though I like ooma and would like to stay with ooma, I will probably move to the first reasonably-priced service that gives me whitelisting. I want that to be ooma.

Telemarketing calls are just that ubiquitous, obnoxious, disruptive, ... and evil.

joe123

Post by joe123 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:41 am

I've been pushing for black listing every since I switched to Ooma and immediately got bomboarded with automated Telemarkerts and it has not stop since the day I switched.

I would prefer a while-list instead of a black-list so I welcome yours better.

With a white-list, it's easier to program in all of the people you know and want to receive calls from leaving everyone else to go to voice mail.

White-list, Black-list, Yellow-list, anything to get the freaking automated Telemarketers in check.

jaxf250

Post by jaxf250 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:54 am

Thank God. I will offer to beta test if you need help. We also need to incr. B/L #'s beyond 256 or give us wildcarding... thanks for listening....

joe123

Post by joe123 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:01 pm

What is the time frame for the wildcard white / black listing?

This is an honest question because in my previous job, any project that manament wanted to kill would get the lable of "We are working on it" with a one hour per year allocated to said project so that everyone would be able to say:

"We are working on it".

How many more weeks till we see something setup?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:11 am

lbmofo wrote:
Tom, again, great news....but wanted to make sure this registers regarding Blacklist enhancements with the product dev guys.

In addition to what Bobby mentioned below,

There are a couple of additional items that are very important to the enhancement requesters.

1) Blacklist Stats/hit counter.
Bobby B wrote:For (2)-(4) - We have been planning to gather and show blacklist statistics after we implement some architectural changes to the call flow. Unfortunately, these changes aren't trivial and I can't say when we'll have these statistics available.
2) Blacklist entry level treatment option.
scots wrote:One way I'd like to see the Blacklist evolve is to have the ability to assign what happens to the call on a per number basis rather than applying the same setting to the entire Blacklist as a whole.
A couple more related items not to lose sight on:
Import/export blacklists
Editing multiple Blacklist entries

Edit 5/2/13: Other than the above, more here: Collection of Blacklist Related Requests
Last edited by lbmofo on Thu May 02, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.