Called home (Ooma) rang and Ooma VM picked up.. but nothing

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
scottlindner
Re: Called home (Ooma) rang and Ooma VM picked up.. but nothing

Post by scottlindner » Thu May 28, 2009 5:43 pm

desh wrote:I just had the same thing happen minutes ago. Call came in and I decided to let it go to VM. Ooma picked up, but the message did not play (I use the system message with my name.) Caller was left sitting there saying "hello?" thinking that I had picked it up.
That's the same thing, but opposite situation that happened to me. So the caller didn't hear anything while you were standing right there, but you could hear them talking? It sounds like the call didn't go to lalaland, but the greeting didn't play, or wasn't heard.

Scott

desh

Post by desh » Thu May 28, 2009 9:06 pm

ya, the greeting didn't play *and* their voice wasn't recorded. If I hadn't been standing right there I wouldn't have known about it other than CID and the call log. The ooma log showed it was an incoming call and actually had a duration.

tailwheel

Post by tailwheel » Thu May 28, 2009 9:14 pm

This happened to me yesterday, once. I called home from work to check my messages, VM seemed to pickup but nothing - no greeting. I then called back a few seconds later and got the greeting and was able to get my messages. Looks like both calls are in the call log.
Ooma Hub/Scout owner since March 2009