Have to dial a 1 even for local numbers?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
mlcraven
Have to dial a 1 even for local numbers?

Post by mlcraven » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:03 am

Everytime we dial a local phone number, we get a message that says that the number we have dialed has been disconnected. We know of course that this isn't true, because we can reach the same phone numbers just fine using our cell phones. I have made sure that we have 10-digit dialing enabled, and I have tried rebooting our Ooma system multiple times. We figured out that we can reach the same phone numbers if we dial a 1 in front of the number, but that shouldn't be necessary since they are all local phone numbers within the exact same area code. Any idea what is going on?

thunderbird

Re: Have to dial a 1 even for local numbers?

Post by thunderbird » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:11 am

mlcraven wrote:Everytime we dial a local phone number, we get a message that says that the number we have dialed has been disconnected. We know of course that this isn't true, because we can reach the same phone numbers just fine using our cell phones. I have made sure that we have 10-digit dialing enabled, and I have tried rebooting our Ooma system multiple times. We figured out that we can reach the same phone numbers if we dial a 1 in front of the number, but that shouldn't be necessary since they are all local phone numbers within the exact same area code. Any idea what is going on?
First power off the Ooma Telo for one hour. This allows the Ooma servers to rebuild you Ooma profile. Then make test phone calls.

If that doesn't help, contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

lbmofo

Re: Have to dial a 1 even for local numbers?

Post by lbmofo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:58 am

After you make 10 digit dialing in effect, must wait 5 min or so.
Make sure 10 digit dialing enabled for a while and try again. Dial all numbers using 10 digits. If same area code, you can omit area code but finish with # to connect immediately.