Unresponsive Ooma

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
rwhubert
Unresponsive Ooma

Post by rwhubert » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:41 pm

I have registered Ooma and connected it to my router, as instructed. So far, all I get is the speaker light on solid blue. No dialtone, no flashing lights. I'm becoming frustrated as I don't know what to do.

lbmofo

Re: Unresponsive Ooma

Post by lbmofo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:13 pm

Make sure your Ooma's "to Internet" is connected to the router.
Power off both router and Ooma. Turn router on and then once online, power up Ooma.

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:30 pm

Another thought here... make sure your firewall is not blocking anything necessary.

Donna

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:32 am

rwhubert wrote:I have registered Ooma and connected it to my router, as instructed. So far, all I get is the speaker light on solid blue. No dialtone, no flashing lights. I'm becoming frustrated as I don't know what to do.
If the Ooma Telo still won't come up, power off your Modem, Router and Ooma Telo.

For testing:
Connect a Network cable from your Modem port (usually Yellow), to the Internet port of the Ooma Telo. Connect a Network cable from the Home port of the Ooma Telo to the Router.

Repower the Modem. Next repower the Ooma Telo when the Modem is done booting. Next repower the Router when the Ooma Telo is done booting.

All of the Ooma Telo lights should come up blue. If this is the first time the Ooma Telo "Sees" the Internet, the Ooma Telo will download firmware, which will cause the Ooma symbol, on the face of the Ooma Telo to flash Red for maybe up to an hour. This process is normal. When the Ooma Telo is showing all Blue lights, listen for the Ooma dial tone with a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port.

rwhubert

Post by rwhubert » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:22 pm

It is definitely dead. I have a gateway, not a separate modem and router. I rebooted the gateway, then I rebooted the Ooma. No lights, no nothing. Dead. No such thing as a reset button on it.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Look at the "to internet" port of Ooma in the back, is it doing light flashes by the port?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:04 pm

rwhubert wrote:It is definitely dead. I have a gateway, not a separate modem and router. I rebooted the gateway, then I rebooted the Ooma. No lights, no nothing. Dead. No such thing as a reset button on it.
You had previously said that there was a "speaker light on solid blue"?

First:
Disconnect all Network cables, all phone cables, and anything attached to the USB port.

Remove power from the Ooma Telo. Restore power to the Ooma Telo. See if the Ooma Telo will boot to the flashing red Ooma symbol with everything else disconnected.

If it doesn't boot to the Red flashing Ooma symbol, look around your home and see if you have another power adapter, simular to the Ooma Telo power adapter that you can use for testing. The output of the power adapter must be 5 vdc, 2 amps or more amps output. If you can find another power adapter that will work with the Ooma Telo, try it.

rwhubert

Post by rwhubert » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:34 pm

It is flashing around the port, but there are no lights on the surface of the Ooma. Not even the speaker light anymore. I am assuming I have a defective unit, even tho I bought it new. The eBay seller will just claim "it was new," which from what I can tell, it was. I think I'm stuck with it. Not a happy camper.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:43 pm

Still no dialtone when you connect a phone to the "phone" port of Ooma?

As for lights to the buttons on your Telo, try pressing the light bulb button, you might have turned off the illumination.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:51 pm

rwhubert wrote:It is flashing around the port, but there are no lights on the surface of the Ooma. Not even the speaker light anymore. I am assuming I have a defective unit, even tho I bought it new. The eBay seller will just claim "it was new," which from what I can tell, it was. I think I'm stuck with it. Not a happy camper.
If your Ooma Telo is defective, and within the one year warranty period, contact Ooma Customer Support for a replacement. Shipping is prepaid, and a return prepaid shipping label will be enclosed for shipping the defective Ooma Telo back.

Ooma Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST